Second Meet of the Year

I woke up more nervous than excited. I'm usually extremely excited for a meet but today is different. I put on my jersey and a pair of running shorts and got ready for the day. My thoughts today were I don't want to run today I just want to go home. I have never had thoughts like that before. I never wanted to skip a meet.
When the last bell rang I went to mh locker and slowly walked down to the locker room. When I was there I put on my spandex and got ready for the meet. I just looked at my leg. It hurt all day an I am just anxious on how it will feel tomorrow.
Mrs. Kelly walked in her usuall preppy self.
"Sooooo, Miss. Reilly?"
"Yeah"
"How's the leg doing?"
"It hurt a little today but I think I will be fine."
"Ok just tell me how you feel afterwards."
On the bus ride there I sat with Lexi and we were talking to Alex who I think likes Lexi and he was talking about his broken finger. I now this sounds mean but that was the funniest thing I have ever seen.
Today the boy's race was first. I had time to stretch, Mrs. Kelly to massage my calves, and eat a snack. Alex ran without his finger brace thing because he said it was bothering him. When he ran by us he pointed at his finger a d made a face which made all of us laugh.
When it was time to line up Lexi told me I was going to do just fine. I didn't really believe her.
When the gun popped I took off slow. Every time I took a step I felt pain. Every second of the race was awful.
After about a mile I didn't know how I was going to continue. Told myself that I just can't stop after only a mile. I continued to run this agonising race.
After two miles I was surprised that I made it this far. I look at my watch and I can't believe the time. 16:50. I picked up my pace and ran the last mile at a fast pace.
When I saw the finish line I ran as fast as I could and came in 10th. I came in second for the school. Lexi was first. By this point I was almost crying. But I didn't let it get to me. When I saw Lexi she hugged me. I was so upset.
When we got off the bus I went to my mother's car a d we drove to the middle school to soccer practice.
I was still in my uniform. I was the only one who was in high school because of my late birthday. Now I can prove coach Kevin that I am in high school.
I ran to the team, and my coach yells. "And she comes in first!"
"That's really funny coach, but I came in 10th. Not really a good time either." My time was 23:45.
Practice was alright except the feeling in my lower legs were so uncomfortable.
When I went home I iced my leg and ate dinner. The next morning was going to be fun.