Only part :)

I broke open a fortune cookie, it read: "Friends forever, until death do them part" I discarded it not wanting to think on it. I bought it for the cookie anyway. The taste is always sensational. I heard a knock on the door"What's the code?" I asked. "School" she whispered. "Come in." It was my friend, Kira! We have been best friends since we were 6, (for 8 years!) we did almost everything together. Life is worth living Because of her!

     It's summer, but it's been raining almost everyday so far. Just the sound of rain in my empty room. I've been drawing all day, to pass the time. I was going to go to Kira's house but it looked like we might get an inch of rain. I was so focused on drawing that I didn't realize it was 4 pm. Time passes by so fast when you don't pay attention. Rain is calming, almost anyone will agree. Kira tried to call me today but my power went out. Life has its ups and downs. I went outside. The rain hitting my face, it was so peaceful. Rain to me is so nice and calming. I decided to go to Kira's. The rain wasn't that bad.

     I knocked on the door, "what's the code?" She asked, "school." I replied. She opened the door. I take off my coat and shoes because her parents are very strict. "Hi!" I said breaking the silence, "how are you?" She stayed silent. "It's your birthday, right?" She nodded. "I have a surprise for you!" She turned to me, "what is it?" "Cliff climbing!" I exclaimed. "I love that!" She said, "when?" "Tomorrow." I said, "because I have cake for you today!" Her eyes lit up, "chocolate?!?!" "Yes" she was jumping up and down. I pulled out the cake and we both ate it.

    "I have to head home." I say, "why now?" Kira asked, "my mom and dad are out on vacation and I have no one to talk to." "I guess I'll stay." I reply, "I just need to go home to bring my stuff." I left. The rain, stopped? But the sound of rain was still happenin- suddenly the tree above me snapped and I barely dodged it. That's why. It was a giant branch too. About the size of the front porch. I can't get back in so I'll have to come in from the side door. I got back home and collect the stuff you usually need for sleep overs. Pillow, blankets, sleeping bag, drawing supplies, a creepy doll, a small stuffed animal. Wait... a creepy doll? I thought I got rid of that years ago! A throw it back out and start heading back.

     I knock on the side door. No answer. I ring the doorbell. No answer. I decide to use the spare key. When I open the door she has a bat and hits me on the head. It didn't knock me out but man she has a hard hit. She looks down and starts screaming "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" "It's fine." I say, "did you realize that the front door is blocked?" "No." She responds. "Anyway, why did you have a bat?" I asked, "someone was knocking," she started, "ever since you left, I heard the branch fall. Then I heard someone knocking. They wouldn't stop. I'm guessing that when you came they disappeared." "Thats scary." I say. "Let's just set up, I'm soaking." I enter the house finally dry.

     I finish unpacking. I realized how much I like life. Drawing, friends, eating, are all things I enjoy. I realize how lucky I am to have such cool friends and the life I have. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I show my friend all my drawings. "I brought some extra supplies if you want tot draw with me." Her eyes widen, "yes!" I bring out the paper. She starts drawing as soon as give it to her. "I'm going to go make us some tea." I say as I get up. "What type do you want?" "Green tea." She says. "Ok." I reply. I head to the kitchen.

     I make two cups of green tea. Easier than I thought. "Tea will be ready in a minute!" I shout. "Ok!" I hear back. It's nice to be alone with a friend. Neither their parents nor your parents to come and bug you. The timer went off. "They're ready!" I shout. "Coming!" Kira says. I hear her running. She has very creaky floor boards. I see her running, I notice she's about to run into a loose rope! I try to warn her but it's too late, she fell scraping her face. I immediately ran to her and brought her to her bed.

     I go to the kitchen. I prepare an ice pack and bring her the tea. She has a bruise on her forehead. "Are you okay?" I ask. "We don't have to go cliff climbing if you're not okay" "no" she says. "I'm going tomorrow. I don't care how hurt I am, I'm going cliff climbing." "Okay..." I say. I'm hesitant to reply. "If that's what you want. I'm going to head back home to get you some Motrin." I head for the door, "goodbye." I say, "bye." I hear in her faint voice. I'm out the door. The rain finally stopped as I step into the house. I'm not going to be there long, just to grab the Motrin. I leave with it. The power is still out. The entire trip will take about half an hour, I hope she's okay.