42

A WEEK LATER

A week passed by faster than I expected, and before I even knew it, I was already at the airport with Niki, his departure was soon enough.

I stood before him, he just stared at me with a small smile, trying to stay as positive as possible. I could see the tears well in his eyes, as well as mine.

I couldn't even hold mine in anymore, I was just tearing up and he hadn't even gone yet.

"I literally cannot look at you." I gave a laugh amidst tears as he just embraced me in a hug, his cologne encircling me.

"It's okay, it'll be all fine, just keep painting and time will pass faster than you'll even know it." Niki muttered, his voice shaky.

"FLIGHT 305 FROM INCHEON TO LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL - START BOARDING, PLEASE HAVE YOUR PASSES READY." The lady from the intercom spoke, and Niki looked at me, tears literally coating his eyes.

I gave a small frown, just looking at his face for a good while.

"Don't cry, seriously don't, I feel so bad." He wiped my tears with his thumb, trying to give a smile, I could see him thoroughly holding back his tears.

"Go on, go Niki, your plane will take off soon." I chuckled, sniffling as he pulled in to give me one last kiss.

"I'll call you when I land, stay safe baby." He waved goodbye, turning around and heading over to his gate.

I watched him as he gradually became smaller in view, then eventually disappeared. I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt, wow, now eight weeks without Niki commence.

Calling or facetiming wasn't the same thing as seeing someone in person, so even if we did facetime, I wasn't sure if it'd make me feel a bit better.

I stood in the airport, giving a sigh. There was no need for me to be here anymore, Niki had left to board his plane, so that leaves me alone and with no one.

I turned around, wow, it's crazy how even with Min-kyu I was never like this.

With a sigh, I head out of the airport, a heavy feeling surrounding me as the reality actually struck me. I was all alone, no Niki, empty bed, no more cologne or the annoying sound of his engine roaring in the early mornings.

It's been like a minute without him and I'm already acting as if he's gone forever.

With that thought, I managed to ease my feelings a little and give a chuckle, heading into my car and beginning the lonesome drive home.

I thought the ride home would be lonely, but a phone call actually proved me wrong. I answered it, continuing my drive home.

'Hey Mei!' The director of the gallery I work with came from the other line. I had no idea what was going on and why she called, but I guess it could take my mind off Niki for a little bit.

"Oh hey, what's up?" I answered back.

'I have an idea, if you're on board. I know you're probably busy with other stuff but just keep it in mind.' She began, and I was intrigued to what she had to offer.

"Go for it."

'There's an abstract artist, his name is Kim Taecyeon, very popular in the abstract game. I was thinking, maybe a collaboration between you and him? I reckon it'd do both sides good.'

I thought for a while, I don't think I've ever collaborated with an artist before - let alone one who does abstract arm.

My art is inspired by impressionism, quite contrary from abstract, but I guess new things are always good too.

"Uh, could I see his art first? Or maybe like, schedule a meeting with him of some sort? I'm not sure about collaborating with abstract artists currently."

'Of course, I'll send you his details, his Instagram account so you can see some of his works, I'll schedule a meeting between you two soon this week, is that okay?'

"Yeah, thank you."

And with that, I ended the call.

I thought to myself again, an abstract artist. Interesting. It would be cool I guess, to see the outcome of an abstract painting with the style of impressionism.

I suppose I could give it a shot, what's the harm in it anyways?

So, as I reached home, I immediately searched up his Instragram handle, scrolling through his dozens of posts and looking over some of his paintings.

They weren't bad - to say the least, but then again, I wasn't quite sure how this was exactly going to work, his style was quite harsh and colourful, whereas mine was pretty soft and dreamy.

I sighed, it's really only been a few hours without Niki, and I already feel emo.