Freedom

Freedom
The shackles that are holding him back have finally fallen.

The boy wasted no time in entering the house, flinging the door open harshly. Ready to scold his 'parents' once again about how rodents would make their way into their house. Of course, his mom would always combat his argument. Saying that 'They'll find a way into the house even if we shut the doors all the way' and yet his point was only proven when she left doors open constantly and got scared by a rat that had made its way into the kitchen. Foolish is what he'd called her after he stabbed the rat and tossed it outside. From then on she made sure to shut the doors all the way.

The door being left slightly open was now the least of Taakadas worries. As he roamed the building the smell of fresh metallic blood flooded his senses, it was all he could feel, all he could smell. It brought back some unpleasant memories especially. He still pushed on, opting to take a detour and snatch a blade from his dads study before continuing onto what he could assume was a room where a blood bath had taken place.

Slowly opening the door a measly crack, the first thing he could note was the strong smell of blood and that it was splattered everywhere. You could barely even tell the original colors or materials that made up the room. All that could be seen was the thick coating of crimson red blood that covered it.

Opening the door fully and stepping into the room the boy did his best to evade the pools of red. Not feeling like having to scrub blood off of his feet later that night. However, he took notice of something most peculiar. There were no traces left behind what-so-ever. Nothing at all. No footprints in the blood, no bodies to accompany the blood, just blood, everywhere. And so he'd explore every single inch of thay house. With no sign of his mom or dad being present he started to examine the perimeter of the house instead. Inspecting everything and anything, not even bothering to layer himself up for the cold of the winter.

Snow crunching beneath his bare feet he'd seen something he had failed to notice during his prior examination. A door that lead to the blood coated room. Outside of said door, that he had yet to open, was footprints. Footprints accompanied by blood stains and what seemed to have been a dent in the snow from somebody dragging a body or large object. Assuming this was an attack it would've likely been his moms body.

Of course by now any usual 9 year old kid would be feeling existential dread alongside complete and utter sadness, but all young Taakada could think was,

'Thank god I didn't have to see my lovely mother like this..'

The boy put no second thought to following this trail of footprints and blood. If there was anything around that posed him a threat it needed to be eliminated, immediately. The boy may not have found a way to get home yet but he, hopefully, certainly would. After all, if he can be sent to a different universe, whose to say he can't be sent back to his original universe? Maybe he had to become a devout believer of whatever that god-thing that sent him here was. Maybe then he'd be able to return to his rightful place, right by his mothers side.

Quietly trudging along, his mind racing about how he could get home, he eventually came to a stop. The bending of bones, the crunching of flesh, certainly not a sound he wished nor thought he'd hear. Yet why did it sound quite similar to mac and cheese? The thought slightly made his mouth water, he missed his mothers mac n cheese. Aside from this fact he stepped up, his halt now turned back into walking, and he approached whatever it was that was, assumingly, eating his mom. His voice was far from wavering and his tone was stern yet monotone and uncaring.

"Might I ask what you're eating there, sir?"

He walked up and stared at the bloody mess that coated the snow around this man and on him as well. As Taakada noticed that practically his entire body was coated in blood. The thing just grunted, gulping down whatever was in his mouth before lunging towards Taakada. Thankfully, that rigorous training came in handy as he simply stepped to the side and let the man sprawl out onto the snow. That's when he noticed this man somewhat resembled his dad, the one that had left by the way. The one who was supposed to be gone, he had left a month prior after all. And yet here he was, eating his mom?? Confusing to say the least, but he wasted no time in taking the blunt end on his sword and aggressively wacking the man on the back of his head with it. Effectively knocking him out cold and unconscious.

What he didn't expect though was for some woman behind him to hear the heavy sigh that left his mouth. The small curses he's uttered out at his dead mom and dad? What had even happened to him, he had no clue, but honestly paid no mind. He was going to start preparing to clean up his moms body and question his father but when he heard a high pitched and confused,

"Eeeeeehhhhhhhh??!?!"

From behind him, his head had whipped around and he'd prepared to attack. Only to see a brightly haired woman whose breats were nearly falling out standing with her hand on her sword. She looked shocked and confused. What was she here for though? She had a sword but the outfit she was wearing didn't really seem fighting appropriate.. Beside that fact he kinda just stood there and stared at her.

In his new like Taakada had inherited his moms ruby red eyes and his dads milk chocolatey brown hair. So you could say he was pretty cute for a kid. But what the woman didn't expect was for a kid to knock out a full on demon! Just who was this kid? How did he do that? Did he know it was a demon???

"Umm miss..? I don't quite know what's going on here but did you come all this way to take care of my dad?"

Taakada spoke up first with his own questions, jabbing the blade he took from his dad towards, well, his knocked out dad, when he had finished his initial statement.

"Oh yess!!! Um yeah, that's what I was here for, but you sort of kinda already got that covered?"

She motioned to the knocked out body on the floor. It'd be a few hours until he awoke and by then the sun would've rised, so he'd likely be stranded, stuck, and die to the sun. Before you could continue the woman spoke up once again, asking you a, second, question of her own.

"However, um do you know about demons??"

1192 words