005 We Get A Quest

Zalora
The night after capture the flag Percy was moved to cabin three.

Percy looked miserable. Everyone seperated from him like he was carrying a disease. Nobody talked to the kid but it was obivous they would talk behind his back.

It was very clear the attack had sent two messages: one, that I was the son of the Sea God: and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill Percy. They could even invade the camp i've called safe for six years. Nobody wanted to have sword class together with Percy so Luke offered to have one-on-one lessons.

Annabeth, Me, and Luke were the only ones not avoiding Percy. Annabeth taught Percy greek in the mornings. The funny part? Even Clarisse kept her distance from Percy but that didn't stop her from glaring at him for breaking her spear.

That night I had one of the worst dreams. I was running along a beach in a storm. The werid part was that Percy was right there next to me. About a hundred yards down the surf, two men were fighting. They looked like two men wrestling that I saw on my TV when I was six. Both wore flowing Greek tunics, one trimmed in blue, the other in green. They grappled with eachother, wrestled, kicked and head-butted, and everytime they connected, lighting flashed, the sky grew darker, and the wind rose.

I tried to stop them, I didn't know why. But the harder I ran, the more the wind blew me back, until I was running in place, my heels digging uselessly in the sand.

Over the roar of the storm, I could hear the blue-robbed one yelling at the green-robbed one, Give it back! Give it back! Like a kindergartner fighting over a toy.

The waves got bigger, crashing into the beach, spraying me with salt.

I heard Percy yell, Stop it! Stop fighting!

The ground shook. Laughter came from somewhere under the earth, and a voice so deep and evil it turned my blood to ice.

Come down. little down heros, the voice crooned. Come down!

The sand split beneath me, opening up a cervice straight down to the center of the earth. My feet slipped, and the darkness swallowed me.

I woke up, sure I was falling \.

I was still in bed in cabin eleven. My body told me it was morning, but it was dark outside, and thunder rolled across the hills. A storm was brewing. I hadn't dreamed that.

Annabeth opened the door to the cabin and practically bounced up and down all the way down to my bed. "Zalora get up! Chiron requested both of us!" I groaned and pressed my face into my pillow.

I got dressed, putting on sweatpants and a sweatshirt that said 'Yale'. I put on my converse and walked out the cabin with Annabeth. The air was foggy and chilly. The sun was halfway up from the hills in the distance.

I noticed a storm in the distance.

The kids from Apollo's cabin were playing a morning game against the satyrs. Conner and Travis were walking around in the strawberry feilds, making the plants grow. Everybody was going about their normal business, but they looked tense. They kept their eyes on the storm.