tales of tears pt3

ishan went to bihar that day, dejected. he had a couple days of rest before his next match, and he couldn't bare being around so many people. not when the one person he wanted to be around was avoiding him like the plague. so he played gully cricket, with his childhood neighbours, who didn't care about his stardom or his career. he went cycling at dawn, ate sweets from the local shops without getting papped, and got a glimpse of what normal life was like.

after four weeks, hundreds of messages, over 20 calls, ishan had given up. sitting on the bed in his childhood room, with his mother cooking in the kitchen, paper thin walls and his dad listening to the news, he was trying to feel content with just being at home, coming straight back whenever he could after matches. when suddenly, something caught his eye from his peripheral vision. a certain lanky figure, making his way to the front door of his house. ishan watched the man from his window, recognising the cropped hair cute and height instantly, but not allowing himself to believe it. why here, why now, after two weeks of ignorance?

ishan resisted the urge to go to the door. no. after a whole month, he would have some self respect. he had done his part, he had apologised. the ball was in shubmans park now, he decided with a huff. sitting back down on his bed.

'ishan!' came a call from the kitchen 'look whos here beta!'
a silence. then scuttering footsteps to his door.
a stern looking mama kishan was at the door, holding a ladle
'shubman is here! why are you not coming out?'
ishan sighed. he didn't feel like explaining himself.
so he flopped onto his bed, hiding under his sheets.
mama kishan watched disappointedly, before retreating to the kitchen to feed ishans best friend.

shubman was sitting in ishans living room, absently replying to his dads questions about the ipl. his eyes wandered uncomfortably to the green walls, to ishans mum cooking in the kitchen, to the slippery cold tiles. and to a certain biharis room, shadowed in the background. he took a deep breath, plastering a smile onto his face before abruptly saying
'aunty, uncle, thank you for lunch. but i think it is time for me to go. i have a match tomorrow, or else i would stayed longer'
'theek hai bacche, we won't keep you. sorry for ishans behaviour, you know how he can be' mr kishan said apologetically.
shubman gave him a small smile, hugging them goodbye before making his way back to his car. he frustratedly kicked the pebbles on the way there, a growing lump in his throat. call him emotional, call him dramatic, but with the recent losses gt had taken, with the constant pressure from the public, shubman just needed to go home. he needed to go to home, he needed to go to ishan.

ishan watched as shubman walked back to the car, his whole figure screaming insecurity and hurt. he saw the slouch of his shoulders, and could sense the annoyance in the way he dragged his feet. ishan sighed. he felt uneasy somehow, as if there were a thousand ants in his pants. his palms were itchy, as if they were a sign that he needed to do something. that he needed to get to someone...

'fuck it' ishan muttered, throwing off the covers and racing through his house.
'kaha jareyo beta!!' yelled mama kishan after him
but ishan was too busy shoving his shoes on, belting it to shubman.
'shubi!' he yelled out
shubman didn't turn. he grabbed his shoulder
' why are your legs so ginormous' he panted out, crouched down to take a breath
'ishu?'
ishan finally looked up to look at him, and shubman eyes were gleaming, mouth twisted in a pout. ishan suppressed a laugh.
'yes meri jaan?'
shubman grabbed ishan in an embrace, twisting his arms around ishan. ishan nuzzled his face into shubmans neck; allowing him to breath in a scent he could only describe as 'perfect shubi'
'you're finally here' shubman mumbled into his neck
ishan chuckled, placing a tentative kiss on his cheek. ishan could almost sense the youngest blush.

'i'm so so so sooooooooo sorry ishu. i shouldn't have said all those mean things to you. i didn't mean ANY of it, i was just hurt and you know like, hurt people hurt people-'
'i forgive you. i'm sorry too. so so soooo sorry' he mumbled into shubmans ear. shubman finally let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding, and let go of ishan.

and when he looked into those brown eyes again, he was back home.

—- • • • —-
annddd that the last part!! pls leave suggestions for new one shots, and i promise i'll be more consistent with updates from now <3