𝐌𝐄𝐈 𝟎𝟎𝟒 || ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴘɪʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴀᴛᴛᴀɪɴᴀʙʟᴇ...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☀︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
     ⃤                                   𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

To aspire for the unattainable is to set our hearts up for inevitable disappointment.

In aiming too high... we risk crashing down from great heights, drowning in a sea of regret and unrealized dreams.

Athanasia held her gaze unwaveringly, a haunting intensity in her eyes as she faced the man before her. She stood firm, this is a challenge that seemed to transcend the pages of Athanasia. This was a trial of unknown origins, a test of her resolve and courage that had never been foretold in the pages of the story.

Claude's fingers drummed a melodic rhythm as he gazed upon Athanasia, his daughter. Uncertainty gripped her, causing her to gulp nervously. With trembling lips, she mustered the courage to whisper, "... F-Father?" Her voice faltered, and Claude's fingers stilled, piercing her with his intense gaze. Athanasia's heart sank as she realized the foolishness of her words.

A wave of breathlessness engulfed Athanasia, sending her into a state of panic. 'Of all the words to utter!' she cried out within herself. 'Father?! I've undoubtedly sealed my own fate!' Her thoughts echoed with despair, chastising her own choice of words. 'Why couldn't I have spoken more eloquently?' she bemoaned, yearning for the glib words she often wielded with aplomb.

As Athanasia prepared to employ her glib tongue, a glimmer of intrigue in Claude's eyes caught her off guard. 'What...? Didn't I just stumble pathetically' she pondered to herself, her thoughts racing. Reflecting on Claude's fondness for the effervescent Jennette, a new plan began to form in Athanasia's mind.

'If I can only capture his attention...' she mused, taking a deep breath and smoothing her dress with determination. "... Papa?" she ventured once more, the weight of the silence hanging heavily in the air. Claude's response was a simple lift of his head, his expression inscrutable. Undeterred, Athanasia mustered her inner strength, her smile growing more radiant as she declared with newfound resolve, "Papa!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☀︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
     ⃝                                         𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thankfully, Athanasia not only narrowly escaped death, but also managed to survive the ordeal. The atmosphere in Ruby Palace was swamped with chaos, mirroring the frantic state of Athanasia's mind. The maids were thrown into a frenzy when they discovered Athanasia missing from her bed, only for her to be brought back by the Emperor's Royal Knight, heightening their panic even further.

Athanasia couldn't help but internally dub Felix as a kidnapper. The maids' skeptical gazes bore into him, causing her to hold back any inclination to assist him, especially after he had abandoned her in the clutches of the intimidating Emperor.

With a mixture of worry and discomfort, Felix tentatively raised his hands in a placating manner, desperately attempting to soothe the growing unease around him. "His Majesty has conveyed his desire to pay a visit to Princess Athanasia in the foreseeable future," he announced, casting Athanasia and the maids into a state of confusion and bewilderment at the unexpected turn of events.

Athanasia was taken aback by the unexpected news, but as she observed her maids' mixed reactions, a wave of confusion washed over her. 'Huh? What's this response - a blend of joy and fear?' She pondered as she watched Felix depart, leaving her alone with the perplexing emotions swirling in the air. 'Are they are embracing the Emperor's attention with a sense of happiness?' An anxious thought crossed her mind, causing a shiver of apprehension to run down her spine. She was resolute in her stance; she wanted no part in any dealings with that tyrannical figure.