5

"Ridiculous

"Ridiculous."

Mirae complained for the umpteenth time as Donghyuck dragged her through the hallway, weaving in and out of the scattered circles of friends who indulged in conversations of their own.

Mirae let her eyes roam her surroundings as she skimmed through people in a blur, avoiding any encounter with vampires whom she most certainly could not detect amidst the crowd as they retained their human form when on college grounds.

After what had happened last night, she undoubtedly wanted to evade any sort of interaction with everyone except her friends simply because she was still somewhat shaken by the incident.

She believed that last night the vampire did not kill her purely out of dumb luck. Another encounter and the consequences could be unpredictable; more than fearsome, she grew rather wary.

"Listen, art is fun. Stop being a boring person." Donghyuck defended himself as his hand on the girl's wrist was secure, taking her against her will to the art room.

"Oh, please, you don't speak. Grow some personality, Hyuck." Mirae rolled her eyes at his statement, letting the boy take her wherever they were headed.

Donghyuck halted in front of the door that had 'arts' in bold, black letters before he spun to face her with an irritated sigh at her endless complaints.

"And you grow some talent. No one is looking at your ugly face anyway." He retorted, and she threw a punch to his chest quicker than he could dodge her fist, eliciting a raspy groan in pain from the male.

"You will be the death of me someday, I bet."

"Most definitely, if you don't fix that attitude of yours."

"Started right in the morning?" Jaemin spoke up from behind as he threw both his arms over the two and pulled them close with a warm smile on his face.

"C'mon kids, be more loving to one another." He stated it like a mother attempting to force two siblings who had just argued to make up, and both of them rolled their eyes, pushing themselves away from his hold.

"No, thank you." Mirae shot back.

"I would rather die." Donghyuck retorted quickly.

Ari, who neared them and happened to overhear Donghyuck's words, smacked his upper arm—though lightly, he jumped at her unanticipated touch.

"Be nice to my babygirl." Ari warned on a lighter note, knowing well about the banter between the two friends, while she hugged Mirae from the side, resting her head on the taller girl's shoulder.

"Be nice to my babygirl." Donghyuck mocked her under his breath, glaring at Mirae, who simply ignored him.

"Did this dimwit drag you two to join the art class as well?" Mirae asked, eying the title pinned on the door, and a sigh slipped her lips.