In the darkness, there is always light.

Exer was consumed with worry as he watched David pick at every meal he ate—even if it was something as small as a snack—his appetite dwindling with each passing day. Ever since David was kicked out by his father not too long ago, Exer has noticed a change in him. The once-extroverted and enthusiastic David now seemed distant and lost.

The idea of David coping with the gravity of an eating disorder, along with the profound trauma inflicted by his father, made Exer's heart ache, causing sharp pain in his chest and a lump in his throat whenever he witnessed David's frequent struggles with food.

Fear gnawed at Exer as he began to suspect that David might be struggling with an eating disorder. However, the thought of confronting David about it filled him with dread. He didn't want to hurt him or make him feel cornered, but he couldn't stand idly by and watch him suffer.

One evening, after mustering up the courage, Exer decided to confide in someone he trusted deeply—his father, Harry, a seasoned therapist. With a heavy heart, he poured out his concerns about David to his father, who listened attentively, his empathy and wisdom shining through his gentle gaze.

Harry, with a comforting hand on Exer's shoulder, acknowledged his fears and assured him that seeking help for David was the right thing to do. He encouraged Exer to approach the situation delicately, emphasizing the importance of open communication and unconditional support.

Taking his father's advice to heart, Exer mustered the strength to have a heartfelt conversation with David. In a quiet moment, when they were alone, Exer gently broached the topic, expressing his love and concern for David's well-being.