- chapter nine

TURNING PAGE !

— CHARLIE and Brooke had arrived home, the house was silent

CHARLIE and Brooke had arrived home, the house was silent. The light from the kitchen was on, a note on the counter. Charlie walked over to it, picking it up to read.

"I am grounding your sister...for the rest of her life." The Chief shook his head in disappointment. "What does it say?" Brooke stepped forward, gently taking the note from her father's hands.

"She's going to Italy?"

"That girl is gonna give me gray hairs." Charlie shook his head. "I think you've already got enough." She joked, trying to lighten the mood, although she knew that he was angry at her sister.

"Ha, ha, ha, very funny." Brooke bid her father a 'goodnight' before walking up the steps to her bedroom, letting out a tired sigh.

"So, that's why she left? To save her boyfriend?" Brooke sat in Jacob's room, choosing to take over his own bed while he sat on the ground, keeping himself busy by carving something.

"Yup." His answer was short, but that alone was enough to give Brooke the impression that he was hurt and angry about what had happened.

"Jake..."

"I don't need a lecture, B."

"I wasn't going to lecture you...just some words of advice." Brook sat up too look down at him on the ground. "You need to move on, Jake. You've been head over heels for her since we were kids, and even then she still showed no interest. Now, with Edward in her life, I don't think she ever will, and it'll only hurt you more."

"You don't get it. She does, she feels something for me. I can feel it when I'm around her." He sighs, standing motioning for her to scoot over so he could sit beside her.

"She may feel something for you, but if she felt it enough. Where do you think she would be?"

Jacob sat silently, letting Brooke's words sink in as silence filled the whole room. His thoughts loud, Brooke was right, but he loved Bella, and he wanted to fight for her.

Bella knocked on Brooke's bedroom door before opening, revealing Brooke who was sitting at her desk, the girl's focus was on a child's coloring book that Embry had gotten her after seeing how cute she thought it was.

"Bella!" Brooke grinned at the sight of her sister. Abandonment the coloring book and going to hug her sister, before pulling away and shoving her. "Don't do that again."