Chapter 01:

'Breaking News: New Serial Killer arrives in town'

"Welcome back to our news channel and today we will showcase a shocking discovery"

"Yes. A new Serial Killer is on the loose, the police have been trying to track him down but not luck up until now"

"That's not all there is, we'll be right back after the short break"

. . .

"Heh. . . If they think they can catch me then they're dreaming high. . ."

A loud maniacal laugh echoes and fills the silent room. . .

. . .

The door to the office of the IGP (Inspector General of Police) flung open as a tall man with a built body and a sharp jawline and slight beard wearing a police uniform exited the room raging with anger.

"Where the heck is Adam?!" The nearby officers are shaken as some of them point towards a desk. An officer is seated on the desk where others point and he looks up to the sudden shadow blocking his light to see a strong figure in front of him. Without any emotion he stands up and salutes the IGP keeping a straight face.

"Yes Sir?" He said calmly

"Where is the damn killer?! You asked for 1 week and I gave it to you now where is he?! Why do I hear the news that he is still roaming free throwing bodies wherever he goes?!"

Adam, still unfazed, maintains eye contact and takes a sharp breath before beginning his report.

"I believe I have found a link between his murders but best if this information is disclosed between just you and me"

The IGP looks shocked but refrains from showing it and turns around to walk back to his office, Adam takes the queue and follows behind.

Once they enter the office the IGP shuts the door, locks it, and closes the window blinds allowing only a fraction of light to enter, but they have the tubelight on not making it difficult to find a seat.

"Go on ahead" the IGP sounded impatient.

Adam draws in a long breath. This is going to be a long day.

"If we match his murders line by line and time by time we get a certain yet odd pattern. Let me explain. . ."

"His first victim to the recent go like this:

Ana Bloom; 8:30 P.M; Sunday,

Andrew David; 7:45 P.M; Friday,

Carl Orlando; 6:55 P.M; Monday,

Ella George; 6:00 P.M; Saturday,

Isabella Ferandez; 5:25 A.M; Tuesday,

Kaylee Gomez; 4:55 A.M; Thursday,

Leonardo Montego; 4:10 A.M; Wednesday,

And most recently, Zoobia Khalid; 3:30 P.M; Sunday,

This is the list of his kills line by line up to the most recent one" Adam explained, the IGP was confused while looking at the list, he couldn't seem to find anything in common until Adam pointed it out.

"So what's the pattern? All I see is the alphabetical order but not entirely in order. . ."

"The next murder will be on Friday, 4:20 P.M"

"What?"

"The time pattern and day pattern" Adam replied

The IGP took a look at the list again and realized the pattern. "Looks like we found the pattern to capture the Obsidian Killer at long last" the IGP concluded. "Even the most efficient killer leaves a trail, justice finds a way to the wrongdoers" Adam spoke, closing the file and putting it down before smiling slightly.