Chapter 04:

"Oleander" Adam said approaching Oleander's desk where he sat doing some paperwork.

"Yes, do you need something?" he said looking up at him, stopping his work for the moment. Adam looked at him with an annoyed expression and tried to hide it as much as he could.

"The IGP's calling you for some confidential work, so better not open your mouth to anyone else. Got it?" Adam said coldly. Oleander nodded and stood up to follow him to the office. "Come in" the IGP said and both of them entered. The IGP looked really messed up, exhausted and tired and Adam looked worried. "So I need you, Oleander, to find a link between these murders. Adam, I need you to help me out with these other cases that were recently filed in. . ." Oleander nodded but Adam protested. "Why would you give a high level case to this newbie? He just came recently and you start giving him to handle such matters!" Adam's voice was loud and rude. The IGP got angry seeing this tone of Adam, no doubt that Adam would often talk like this but only in private but now he was doing it in front of someone, what would it look like? Your IGP being talked to like this by an officer of a lower rank. . .? It obviously wouldn't look good at all. The IGP could handle anything except for humiliation.

"ADAM SHUT UP AND DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD! Don't question me. And mind your tone. You're talking to YOUR IGP." Adam looked shocked by the sudden tone of the IGP and kept quiet. Oleander who was just watching and listening seemed to find some flaws in their relationship. "Oleander you'll work in my office and keep updating me and Adam do your work on your desk, only come if you have an update" the two boys did as they were told and began working on their own.

Wow these murders seem to have no link at all. . . but I'll have to find something. . . hmm. . . there is a time pattern and day pattern but no people pattern. It's like killing without leaving a trace behind, you never know who'll be next, no hint, no clue, nothing. . . Maybe if I just-

The phone rings and grabs the attention of the IGP and Oleander. Oleander realizes that it's his phone and picks up, "Hello. . . Oh I see I'll head over there right now. . . goodbye"

"Who was it?" The curious IGP asked worried it may be an emergency. "My father called, I need to go home if you don't mind sir. . . I'll find a link in these murders soon, don't worry" Oleander said, tapping his foot continuously on the ground, signaling he had to leave as quickly as he could. The IGP allowed him to leave and asked him to update him about whatever had happened with his father. Oleander leaves quickly and grabs his stuff and leaves, this catches the attention of Adam. From day one Adam just knew something was wrong with Oleander and didn't trust him, but the IGP trusted Oleander a lot and Adam couldn't argue with him on who he could and couldn't trust, after all Tyler was a man of his own, he knew what was right for him and what wasn't.

______________________________________________

The IGP sat on his desk worried and wondering if he should call Jude or not, while his mind and heart fought who was right or wrong the IGP stood up and went out of his office, outside the building to get some fresh air. Jude was a very close friend of the IGP, they had met in a café Jude accidentally bumped into Tyler and they began meeting everyday after that in the café until they became best friends, jude had been there for Tyler during his worst times and Tyler was there for Jude during his bad times, now hearing that his best friend was in a god-knows-what condition he needed air. Tyler stepped outside the building and started taking deep breaths. The sun was above his head and it was still afternoon, no one seemed to be around the police station. Tyler looked at his watch and it was 1:53 P.M.

God I am so worried about Jude. I just hope he's fine, come on he will be fine it takes more than me to finish him off. Keeping a positive mind the IGP turned around to head back inside and suddenly someone attacked him. The IGP managed to dodge just in time or else his head would have been chopped off yet he still got a bad cut on his neck and was bleeding badly, he fell down and his vision blurred, it was then he assumed that the person was none other than the Obsidian Killer. Due to bleeding severely the IGP fell to the ground and was on the verge of losing consciousness but then the killer moved forwards to finish him off and Adam came outside and saw everything.

"OII WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO HIM!" Adam shouted and the killer fled, Adam chased after him as other officers came outside and called the paramedics and back-up team to chase after the man and informed every officer on patrol to chase him too. Today was the day when the Obsidian Killer would be caught and his reign of terror would end. . . or would it?