25.

Before I knew it, it was the day we left for the U.S. tour. I dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a light t-shirt, covered by a flannel, knowing that it would be hot. I had selectively packed for the two month tour, knowing it would be hot, and that I would probably buy more clothes when I was there.

Perrie came in the taxi with me to the airport, to see us off. As soon as we arrived, Emma hurried us along, so Perrie and Zayn had little time to say goodbye.

Soon, we made our way through customs, escorted by the airport security. We were taking a private jet to New York, so we didn't have to wait for long before we could begin the journey.
I sat with Harry, Niall and Louis, while Zayn and Liam went to a separate compartment to sleep. We decided to watch a movie, and Niall chose Ted.

I snuggled into Harry's chest, putting my legs up on the chair beside me as the movie began.

Halfway through, I stood up to get a drink. Before I could go anywhere however, Harry looked up at me, taking hold of my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Getting a drink." You smiled.

"Sit back down," he pulled me down beside him, giving me a quick kiss on the lips before standing up. "I'll get it. Anyone else?" There was no reply. "Ok then, what do you want?" He turned to me.

"Surprise me." I told him, wondering what he would pick for me.

Harry was in the refreshment area for what seemed like forever. When he finally came back, it became evident why.

Harry had a large glass in his hand, filled with a red juice of some sort. It had no less than six ice cubes inside, with three straws and a slice of lemon.

Louis raised his eyebrows.

"Actually Harry, I would quite fancy a drink..."

Harry laughed.

"Fridge is that way." He informed Louis, pointing.

"You go her one!" Louis protested, gesturing to me.

"Girlfriends privilege." Harry smiled at me, handing me the drink. I took a sip.

"Thanks." I said. Harry went to sit down, but I stopped him, pushing his bum with my feet. "Go get Louis one now!"

"Wha-?"

"Yeah Harry, do as your girlfriend says." Louis smirked.

"Fine." Harry walked back to where the drinks are.

"I'll have one too!" Niall yelled at Harry's back. Harry flipped him off.

Not long later, Harry returned with a drink identical to mine in each hand. He gave one to each Niall and Louis, smiling suspiciously sweetly, then looked pointedly at my feet.

Grinning, I moved them, giving Harry room to sit down.

Looking smug, Louis took a sip of his drink. He spat it out almost immediately.

"What the fuck's that?" He yelled.

"I'm not sure." Harry snorted, doubling up with laughter. "Some kind of Moroccan alcohol, I think. And ketchup."

I tried a sip of Louis's drink to see what the fuss was all about. It tasted like vinegar and rust.

Rolling his eyes, Niall stood up to make himself a normal drink. He returned with a tray of food. We all tucked in.

When there were about ten minutes left of the film, Liam woke up. He joined us to watch the end.

When Ted finished, the five of us ate pizza, while the boys told me all about America. I had never been before, so was pretty excited.

Zayn walked in, groggy with sleep.

"How long has it been?" He asked, yawning.

"Only like three hours, man." Liam replied.

Zayn sat down next to me.

"Hey, shall we get some sleep?" Harry turned to me. I nodded. I had gone to bed late the night before and had got up early that morning, so I feel like a couple hours' sleep would do me good.

I curled up, head on Harry's chest. Soon I heard his deep breathing, meaning he was asleep. I lay for a while longer, before deciding I would not get to sleep. I joined the rest of the boys, who had now put on The Avengers.

Zayn looked up at me questioningly.

"Couldn't sleep." I said, collapsing into the chair between Louis and Niall. Zayn nodded, before returning his attention to the film.

Harry slept for another three hours. After he returned, Niall went to take a nap. By the time the plane started to descend, all of the boys had had at least three hours of sleep, and I had gone through four films.

It was boiling when we landed, despite being late afternoon. I still had a flannel over my t-shirt. Harry, hearing me complain about the heat to Niall, fell into step beside me.

"Why don't you take off your jacket, then?" Harry asked.

I raised my eyebrows. Did he really not remember, or care, about what was on my arm?

"Ree, you can't hide forever." He told me sternly. "You may as well show them off. They're not something you should be ashamed of. They show that you've survived this shit, that you've lived."

I rolled me eyes at his shitty inspirational speech, but decided to remove the shirt anyway. At least I would have nothing to hide anymore. Anyway, people hated me already, I was sure there was nothing I could do now to make myself any less favourable. 

I had seen their Tweets since it became public that I had got back with Harry, telling me that I didn't deserve him after breaking his heart. Privately, I agreed with them a little, but I didn't say anything to anyone about it.

Walking through the airport, I was distracted by the flashes and shouts of the paps. Trying to get through the tightly knitted masses of people, I forgot all about trying to cover myself, and instead focussed on not losing Harry.

An hour later, I was sat in the hotel. The boys had gone for their rehearsals, but as the concert did not start for two hours Emma made me stay behind. You can go to the stadium when you you are needed, she told me.

I was scrolling through Twitter when a link caught my eye. I clicked on it, and it took me to a page called 'One Direction Updates!' It was basically a band stalking website. I saw a photo of the boys and myself in the airport with the caption 'the band arrive at New York with Harry's girlfriend Reana.' But I got the feeling that this was not what whoever sent me the link meant to tell me - I was pretty sure that I already knew that I had arrived in the USA.

Scrolling down, it didn't take long until I saw what the fuss was about. There was a picture of me in the airport. I could clearly see the scars on the upper arm. What was more, the photograph pointed them out, circling them in red.

Shaking with anger at the media's habit of pointing out people's insecurities to the world, I returned to Twitter. It was only then that I noticed the countless other Tweets asking me about the marks.

Making up my mind quickly, I decided to say something before bullshit rumours began to spread.

'that's just a thing of the past' I tweeted, hoping people got the message.

I hit send. Within minutes, I had received over a thousand messages, some of which were still negative, but to my shock the majority were some of the sweetest things I had ever read.