sixty-one

༺༻

༺༻

IT HAD BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE AURORA KIDNAPPED CAMI AND I. I still hadn't heard anything from Jackson and I was worried. Cami and I were sitting in the Christmas decorated courtyard, watching as a compelled servant poured her blood into two wine glasses. She handed me one of them once she filled it to the brim.

"Do they, like, pay you?" Cami asked the girl. I chuckled, "not really"

Klaus approached us, "Handsomely and with a generous Christmas bonus" He answered as he was handed a glass of blood, "isn't that right?" The servant nodded and left. Klaus smiled at us and sat down.

"So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?" Cami asked.

"I compel her to feed me and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants" Klaus answered.

Cami laughed and I smiled, "You seem better"

She nodded, "Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here the last couple of days and giving me space to not talk."

I nodded before facing Klaus who sat beside me, "How come you didn't with Elijah to go help Rebekah?"

Camille looked at him, "I hope it's not to stay and babysit us" She added.

"It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together In confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by another" Klaus told us.

I looked at him, worried, "You don't think he would hurt you, do you?"

"I don't what to think" Klaus sighed. He leaned forward and placed his glass on the coffee table in front of us, "The damn fortune-teller's predications continue to unfold, despite all our efforts."