01

Rain pours onto our heads as we run through the square in front of the apartment building. Finally, the buildings roof covers our heads, I shake the rain out of my hair and look over at Shoto.

"Tell me again why I went to the store with you?" He asks me while using his quirk to steam off the rain.

"Because we're besties, duh," I smirk and push into the apartment building. "What time are we going out later, Icy Hot?" Shoto sighs and follows me in.

"I told you to stop calling me that. Izuku texted me that we'd all meet around eight. Are you sure you don't mind coming with me?" He steps in front of me and unlocks the door to our shared apartment. I take my shoes off and shrug my shoulders, letting a "meh" escape my lips. "I appreciate it, they're good people. You'll get along with them."

"If they're anything like you, I'm sure we will." I flash a smile in his direction before going into my room. My cat, Velma, purrs when she hears the door and hops off the windowsill. She rubs against my legs while I pick out my clothes for tonight. A black sleeveless dress and heels sound good to me.

Shoto asked me this morning to go to a restaurant here in Tokyo with his friends. I've never met any of Shotos' friends other than Izuku, who is the number one hero in Japan. I'm not sure why he wanted me to tag along, maybe they're all supposed to bring dates or something. All I know is I'm getting a free dinner. Shoto and I have known each other since we were kids, our mothers have been best friends their entire lives. When Shoto's mom was sent away, my mom always made sure we kept in contact. He graduated from UA, and I came back to Tokyo from my exchange program in America, and we decided to move in together. The rest is history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh wow, this is the new restaurant that opened a couple of weeks ago! I'm so excited to try it." I grab Shoto's hand and drag him in behind me. The hostess looks up at us with a smile on her face. She locks eyes with Shoto and her eyes widen.

"Right this way sir." She bows her head and motions for us to follow her. She leads us to the back of the restaurant where people already are sitting. She nods at us and returns to her station. Shoto pulls out a chair for me at the end of the table, which I  gladly accept and sit down. He pulls out a chair next to me and does the same. A flash of green hair passes by us and I hear Izuku's voice.

"Shoto and Rin, I'm so glad you could make it!" He pulls us both into a hug. A giggle escapes my lips and I lean into the green haired boy.

"Good to see you Izuku, thank you for the invite!" He nods his head and introduces me to the table.

"Guys this is Rin, Todorokis date." I shoot a glare at him and he shakes his head rapidly. "Well not date, but person he brought with him." He rambles on and Shoto kicks his shin. Izuku grabs his leg and rambles on still. I roll my eyes and laugh, waving my hand to everyone. I recognize some of these people from Shotos stories, they're people he went to UA with. That means that most of these people are top heroes. I wonder if this is a class reunion or something. The old friends start talking after we all order our food and drinks. I sit back and watch everyone converse, Shoto locks eyes with me every once in a while to check in with me.

Ever since we were kids, just a look and the other would know something was wrong. I grew up without siblings, so Shoto is like my brother. It helps that we both have bright red hair, well his is half.

I nod in his direction and get up from the table, heading towards the bar. I lean against the high top bar and hold my hand out to signal the bartender.

"Where the hell is this bartender?" I look over to my left and see a flash of messy blonde hair. A tsk leaves my lips and I shake my head. "What'd you say??" I look over again and he's looking into my eyes. I know this messy hair and attitude, it's Katsuki Bakugo, the number two hero.

"You'd think as a pro you'd have more patience, I've been standing here longer than you. Do you hear me complaining?" His eye twitches and he takes a step closer to me. His hand shoots out to scold me, but my hand moves faster. His hand slams down to the bar, imprisoned by a fork that's been manipulated into a makeshift cuff.

"What the hell??" He yells, attempting to pull his arm out of the cuff. The bartender comes over looking at Bakugo, and I wave my hand in her direction. I give her my drink order and watch as he struggles to get out. The bartender gives me my drink and I make my way to the table. "Hey come get me unstuck!!"

"Good luck number two!" I smile and wave back at him. I can practically see the anger pouring out of him, it's quite the sight to see. I join the rest of the group at the table and sit in my seat. Todoroki looks behind me and sees what I've done. He shakes his head and he lets out a small laugh. "He was being an asshole, what else was I to do?"

"Rin, he's not gonna be very happy when he comes back you know." I nod my head and beam.

"That's exactly what I'm counting on." And with that I hear the pounding of feet coming closer to the table. Surprisingly the sound goes past me and to the other end of the table. Bakugo sits across from me at the head of the table and glares at me, I simply smile back.