Baby Girl

It's been a week.

You still haven't talked to Dom about the boys. I know, but I'm scared he'll say no. He can't say no to us. Have you not realized that? Not really? Fern huffs. You really are clueless then. Just get back to your job. I see him mentally roll his eyes. I roll mine back. I hear the door in the front ring. I stand from my seat watching the pups. 

I turn to Maryline and she seems to have it handled. I go to the front desk and am met with a surprise. "Oh, hi. How can I help you?" I ask the woman from the park that seemed interested in Valance. "Hi, Luna. I was wondering about that little baby girl, Valance? Is she here?" She asks. "Yes, she is. Sleeping now, but I could go get her?" I ask.

"No, no. I was just wondering...what are your policies on adoption?" She asks. I feel my face light up. She wants to adopt her! "Yes, of course! I will need some background information, your address, phone number, place of work, your birth certificate, as well as your partners, and a home check." I explain. She nods along.

"Could I fill out the forms now?" She asks. "Yes, I can go get them now." I smile. She returns it. "That would be wonderful, thank you." She replies. I head back to the room with the pups and explain the situation to Maryline. Her entire face lights up with joy. "Yes, yes, of course! Please go ahead. I'll watch the children." She says.

I go back to the front desk and sort some papers out. I hand her a stack of them, a clipboard, and a pen. "You can just sit right over there, and if you have any questions, just let me know." She nods with a smile. I can't believe it! One is being adopted! 

.

.

.

It's been about an hour and a half now. The woman, who I now know as Diana, finished with the paperwork and turned in her, and her husband's birth certificates. Now all that is really left is for the husband's signature and a home check. And Valance is good to go home! I can't wait for her to leave! She's going to be so happy there!

Once the day ends, Wilder and Carlisle beg me not to leave like they have done every other day. I walk out of the shelter after wishing everyone a goodnight. I begin walking down the sidewalk, holding my stomach to support the bump. No one ever tells you about the back and foot pains that come with a pup. I stop for a moment to take a deep breath and then continue on my way.

"Luna!" I turn to see the one responsible. No one being there. I shrug it off as my imagination. I continue on my way. "Luna! Help me!" I turn again, no one being there once again. My nerves take over. Don't follow. It's a trap! What? I smell rouges! Hurry! Get to mates! I gulp hard and loud. I pick up my pace, having difficultly because of my pup.

I hear footsteps behind me. Shift. I let Fern take over, he shifts us into wolf form. He stands, growling at whoever it is, realizing it is the very rouge that is responsible for this bump. Our ears go back along our head, the bump feeling more present then usual. Why i-is he? How'd he find u-us? We take a step back and take off running as fast as possible. Fern lets out a loud howl.

We are tackled to the ground, our stomach scrapping along the sidewalk slightly. I hear you've got my baby. He spits. And how do you figure that? I ask, holding my voice steady. A sick wolfish grin spreads across his face. You're little pack talks quite a lot...well, I suppose your past pack. I feel my eyes widen. Your parents were all too eager to talk all about it and give you up. It was funny even.