Chapter One-Hired by a secret agency

-Third Person POV-

Y/N is a genius.

They were known worldwide for their skill in their fields and smarts. So naturally, the IMF took notice of this. So when Y/N was going to be assassinated, the IMF took advantage of this opportunity to save them, and maybe hire them in the process.

And with an opportunity like that, how could they say no?

-First Person POV-

"No."

"What do you mean NO?!?"

I look at the man in front of my hospital bed. "No. I don't want to get involved with you and your agency if more assassinations are involved."

The man sighs. "Listen, it is your choice, but if you don't then we have no reason to protect you next time."

"How do I know it wasn't you who set up the assassination in order to hire me?"

The man sighs again and looks at me intensely. "Listen Y/N, you-"

A thought suddenly crossed my mind.

"Will you pay for everything I do? Supplies and stuff like that?"

"We wouldn't normally, but if it will make you join, then yes. We will." The man says.

'If I accept then I'm deliberately putting myself in danger. But if I don't then I'll still be in danger, except it won't be the fun kind of danger...'

"Do we have an accord?"

"Fine. I'll join your stupid agency."

The man nods approvingly and hands me an envelope.

"Welcome to the IMF, Y/N."

He walks out the room, leaving me alone.

I look at the envelope, turning it over in my hands before opening it. On the inside is a letter and a plane ticket to Paris. I look at the letter.

'Y/N, if you're reading this, that means you have accepted and joined the IMF. However, despite your wide range of expertise you will still need training and a team. Luckily for you, we will give you the very best. Go to Paris where further instructions await. You will meet your team there. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to find your team in Paris and help them with their current mission. This letter will self destruct in less than a minute.'

I fold the letter back up and put it in the envelope. I grab the ticket and get out of my hospital bed.

"I guess my life is in for a pretty big change..."

374 words

Authors Note: I made this chapter short on purpose, as it doesn't really matter to the story I have in mind. The next chapters will be longer.