•°04•°

Next morning there was a little chaos in the hallways. A worried Rohit was dragging, yup literally dragging, their team medics towards his room.

Hearing the commotion others to followed.

Inside the room a frantic and teary Virat sat beside shivering Ishan with droopy eyes. Virat was doing cold compression to reduce Ishan's temperature. The doctor proceeded to check on the patient.

" Calm down Virat. It's just fever, he'll be fine. " Rohit consoles his partner and then scolded him bit. " I told you we shouldn't have ice cream but you never listen. You also how easily he catches cold. "

The juniors scoffed in disbelief.

Yuzi quietly muttered to others " so much of drama. "

" Exactly agar thand lag jati h toh nhi khana chahiye tha icecream. " Hardik spat. " Aur Virat ne kaise allow kar diya, it's game time right ?? Hume toh nhi karta chahe kitna bhi zid karlo. "

Jassi too agreed with them. Cause why not afterall Virat is a strict health freak. And if the allows them junk during tours, they have to spend extra hour in the gym or run extra laps.

" Why does he get special treatment from them ?? " Yuzi whined glaring at the poor boy. Ok he get it the boy is cute and young but why clinging to his brothers.

" Pehle toh Rohit bhaiya the aur aaj kal Virat bhai bhi. " Jassi stated. 

" It's just mild fever, nothing to worry. Slight headache and bitter taste in mouth is common so don't worry and appetite will be less. Give him something light and he will be good in two days. " The doctor's voice broke the whispered discussion.

Leaving Virat and Rohit, everyone retreated back to their work. The junior gang immediately reassembled to discuss their plan of action or ' claiming/snatching their brothers back ' as Hardik and Yuzi likes to put.

" What really !! " Rahul exclaimed in astonishment. Normally Virat will panic and worry but not to this extent. " What's so special about this Ishan. Both Virat and Rohit seems to forget everything when they are together with him. "

As usual the missing members were connected via call and Hardik explained them the morning happenings. Apparently it was a stunt to gain more attention from the seniors in their ( youngsters ) point of view.

" Let's call mahi bhai. " Kuldeep suggested.

" Nope, he must be busy. Let's handle this ourselves. It's such a small matter. " Rahul interjected. " Shrey ka plan follow karte h. "

" Thik h but abhi nhi, he is sick toh they won't leave him alone. " Jassi said. Whatever it is but as a teammate and senior he is concerned.

" Kal humara match h and we are leaving the day after. " Yuzi said thinking. " Next is with DC. "

" Tab jayda better hoga. Shrey and Rishu, both will be here. " Hardik nodded agreeing.

Giving their final approval, the bid their byes and went back to practice.

On the other side, Ishan was being a baby. He was clinging to one of them or throwing tantrums at them. He was being moody too. He was giving a hard time to them, which they handled without any complaint.

" Mujhko Shubi se baat karna h. " He said to both of them with a cute face.

" Thik h kar lena but abhi take rest baby. " Virat said not wanting Ishan and Shubman talk.

" Nhi. Mujhe Shubi se baat karna h. " Ishan argued.

" Ishu baad m. "

" Nhi abhi. " Ishan turned his face to Rohit " Please dada. "

" Nhi. And Rohit you will not allow. Ishan take your meds and sleep. " Virat strict tone hurt Ishan. But not understanding the reason behind his behaviour Ishan did not agree.

" Na. I want to talk to him. Shubi se baat karni h. "

" Ishan shut up and take your meds. Don't be a brat. " Virat shouted at him. Ishan flinched at his tone and pushed Virat away snuggling to Rohit.

He started to sob. He was sniffling and hiccuping. Virat then realised his mistake and felt guilty. He tried to touch Ishan who flinched and pushed himself more into Rohit's arm.

" I'm sorry bubs. Ishu please listen to me. " But no avail. Instead Ishan started to cry more. He choked and coughed on his sobs.

Virat's eyes got teary looking at his baby's condition. Rohit just helplessly patted Ishan to sleep. It was always Rohit scolding or being strict but Virat was his saviour. His best go to or say comfort person. Ishan would always obey Virat.

After settling Ishan, Rohit went near Virat and embraced him. Virat cried hidding in Rohit's chest.

" Ro, my baby. Ro I didn't mean to Ro. How could I yell at him for such trivial matter?? Ro Ishu baat karega n mujhse ?? Kahi wo - "

" Vi stop. Aisa kuch nhi hoga. Uski bas tabiyat kharab h isliye chidchida h. Maan jae ga, tension mat le. "  

And then Rohit made Virat lay beside Ishan, putting him to sleep too. He knows Virat needed rest as he has been looking after Ishan the whole morning. As if sensing Virat's presence Ishan snuggled and curled himself near him while Virat wound his arms around Ishan too.

" Papa. " He muttered in sleep. And Virat pulled him more towards himself.

Rohit smiled at their bond. It was so beautiful to watch them like this. Even though not blood related but they share such a deep bond. A very special bond, the bonds of heart.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hope you enjoy reading ❤️