Faye Valentine: Part 1

Bullets flew through the air. Bright flashes and loud pops carried through the open air as easily as the smell of gunpowder. Y/N flung himself over a table, quickly kicking it backward to flip the thick piece of furniture. His body stayed crouched, hiding desperately against the only thing between him and lead to the face. "Bounty wasn't enough for you, huh?! Just had to steal from em,' too!" Y/N growled the words out, his revolver held close to his chest. He flicked the cylinder out, checking to make sure he had, in fact, loaded the damn thing before everything went to hell.

"They're rich! I didn't think they'd care about a stupid ring! Besides- I deserve something for all the shit that guy put me through!" The violet haired woman shouted from behind a pillar. Almost as quickly as she spoke, Faye's head snapped back, her whole body pressing flat against the pillar as a bullet flew past her face a little too close.

"It was his wife's! He proposed with it after his mom died!" A beat of silence rang out from Faye even louder than the gunfire riddling the table Y/N was crouched behind.

"...I'm not saying sorry."

"I heard that!" Y/N peered over the side of the table just as the gunfire stopped, getting a clean look at who exactly was after them. Unfortunately, before he could actually do anything about it, Faye took that as her opportunity to make a break for it. She pushed off the wall and sprinted, turning just enough to fire a few shots at the men behind, causing them to swiftly hide behind cover.

The woman gave Y/N a short wave and a bright smile as she booked it. "Hey! If you survive, I'll be sure to make it up to you!" She kissed the side of her gun and blew a kiss Y/N's way before firing off another round for good measure, ducking out of sight as she ran through one of the many hallways in the mansion.

"Bitch..." Y/N groaned, gently knocking his head against the wood of the table. Only to yank it back when a bullet broke through, making another hole. "Damn." His only source of cover was becoming swiss cheese, and the only other thing to hide behind in the damned dining area was a door. But how was he supposed to slip through without being shot up first? He grit his teeth, eyes closed as any possible idea rushed through his brain. Oh, sort of hard to hit what you can't see. Y/N's grin finally came back as he cocked his gun. Six shots, and he only needed five.

Before another hail of bullets could completely turn the table into shredded paper, he grabbed a nearby wine bottle and tossed it into the air, off to the side. Immediately, bullets fired in that direction, and Y/N took that as his chance to strike. With pinpoint accuracy, he pierced each light in the room and kicked the table forward before firing his next shot at the chandelier. He rolled backwards right as the giant metal light came crashing down, shattering glass and crushing anything beneath. With the room in total darkness, Y/N made his escape, dashing through the door and making it out with only a scratch on the cheek.

He tore through the place, sprinting with his only goal being to escape. The only problem? Y/N had no clue where he was. In a desperate attempt to trick the people he'd been stuck in a room with, he left out the door to the side rather than the door directly behind himself. Which meant he had to storm through the kitchen before breaking out into a different set of hallways altogether. "Ughh... just keep your hands to yourself next time. Or, better yet, maybe I should never take her on another hunt at all! Avoid the problem that way- shit!" Y/N bounced to the side, dodging a fist that swung directly out from behind the wall he'd been about to pass.

The momentum from his run and the sudden spring to the side made him spin, and suddenly the cowboy was left stumbling and tripping over himself. With a low grunt, he felt his back slam against the well-kept floor. His eyes lazily gazed up toward the tall, broad shouldered man. Even through his fancy suit, Y/N could still see the muscles rippling off the guy. Why not? Of course, they had to leave the worst for last.