EP-02.

The journey to the hospital felt like an eternity as I clutched onto grandma's hand, my leg throbbing with each passing moment. We were met with a sense of urgency as soon as we arrived. Doctors and nurses swarmed around us, their faces masked with concern. They seemed to know grandma well, which brought a small sense of comfort amidst the chaos.

After what felt like an eternity of scans and examinations, the verdict was in: my leg was fractured. Exhaustion washed over me as the reality sunk in. I had been so preoccupied with my own pain that I had forgotten about my responsibilities at work. Today was supposed to be the third day of a crucial project, and here I was, laid up in a hospital bed.

As I lay there, recounting the events of the day to grandma, a pang of worry crept into my mind. How would I manage work now? My daily commute was grueling enough, let alone with a broken leg. Grandma listened intently, her wise eyes studying me.

Then, unexpectedly, she made an offer that caught me off guard. "Stay with us until you're back on your feet," she suggested. The idea seemed both daunting and comforting. I hesitated, thinking about my parents' reaction to such a proposition.

But grandma insisted on hearing my opinion first. Tentatively, I agreed. She dialed my mom's number and, through a mixture of persuasion and reassurance, managed to convince her. My mom, knowing grandma's caring nature, relented, and I was granted permission to stay.

As evening fell and the hospital prepared to discharge me, a sense of apprehension settled over me. The thought of entering grandma's home, of being in an unfamiliar environment while grappling with my injury, filled me with uncertainty.

FLASHBACK ENDS

______________________________________

AFTER 3 DAYS

After three days of recuperating at my grandma's house, it was the fourth day, and I could feel a slight improvement in my ability to walk, although still far from normal. I had been managing my work remotely, attending online meetings and keeping up with my tasks as best as I could. Thankfully, my clients were understanding about my leg injury, and they were accommodating of the situation.

Today, however, I felt a strong urge to personally inspect the progress of the project I was leading. Despite my limited mobility, I was determined to make the effort. Gathering my resolve, I made my way to my grandma's room to inform her of my intentions.

Knocking gently on her door, I waited for her response before entering. She looked up from her knitting, her eyes soft with concern as she noticed my presence. "How are you feeling today, beta?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine care.

I smiled weakly, appreciating her concern. "I'm getting better, dadi," I replied, trying to sound more confident than I felt. "Actually, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to check on the work today. I think I can manage to walk there, and I want to make sure everything is on track."

Grandma studied me for a moment, her expression thoughtful. Then, with a small nod, she responded, "Just be careful, alright? Don't overexert yourself. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask and take a guard with you"

Her words warmed my heart, reminding me once again of the comforting presence she provided. With a grateful smile, I assured her that I would be cautious before making my way to inspect the work, fueled by a newfound determination to overcome the obstacles in my path.

__________________

EVENING 

As the evening descended, I found myself relieved to discover that the work was progressing smoothly. I had met with my assistant and discussed the details, ensuring that everything was on track. Meeting with the client's manager had gone equally well, and I was pleased with the outcome.

However, the strain on my leg was becoming increasingly apparent. Feeling the need to alleviate some of the discomfort, I decided to take a soothing bath. The warm water worked wonders, easing the tension in my muscles and providing a moment of respite.

 The warm water worked wonders, easing the tension in my muscles and providing a moment of respite

Emerging from the bathroom, I noticed Ritika sitting on the edge of the bed, her presence a comforting sight. With a gentle smile, I approached her, asking if she needed anything. She shook her head in response, a silent acknowledgment of our unspoken understanding.Ritika and I shared a good bond.In moments like these, her silent companionship spoke volumes, offering solace and strength when words failed.

As I settled beside her, the weariness of the day began to fade, replaced by a sense of contentment in the simple act of being together. In Ritika's presence, surrounded by the familiarity of my grandma's home, I found a sanctuary from the challenges that lay beyond its walls. And for that, I was truly grateful.

__________________________________

SORRY FOR DELAY