The War pt. 2

A/N: Trigger Warnings for mentions of hospitals, graphic mentions of wounds, blood, and injuries, loss of sight in one eye, mentions of drowning (in a dream), brief mentions of labor and birth, mentions of torture, character death, depression, mentions of throwing up, and angst. Let me know if there's anything I missed that you think I should tag!

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Thea fell into her role as Healer of the Order naturally. Even though she rarely went out on full missions, Thea never found herself short of something to do. She was constantly brewing salves, antidotes, poultices, and more to keep as a stock for Order members. She brewed other potions too -Polyjuice, Invigoration Draught, Wideye- really whatever the other members put in requests for. She enjoyed it more than she thought she would at first.

When she wasn't brewing, Thea would travel to designated safe houses in order to help and heal the members after important or dangerous missions. This part of her job was more nerve wracking. So far, she hadn't encountered any serious wounds that she couldn't heal. The other members were skilled witches and wizards -they were able to counter or avoid anything too life-threatening. And whatever injuries were left over, Thea could take care of.

Thea whiled away her time in a safehouse now, waiting for the others to arrive. She'd been here for a few hours already -but the others weren't due to arrive for another hour or so. Thea set about organizing some of the potions she'd brought with her. The mission wasn't supposed to be dangerous this time, actually. A few of the members -James, Peter, Remus, and Dorcas- had been sent out to gather intelligence on the meeting of a few Death Eaters. They'd all been disguised with Polyjuice and back-up glamour charms before they left. They'd also been told not to engage with the Death Eaters unless absolutely necessary. All in all, Thea was at the safehouse as a mere precaution.

Thea straightened her last potion bottles onto a shelf just as Dorcas and James burst through the front door. Between the two of them they were carrying a wounded Remus. Thea bolted up to meet them halfway.

"What happened?" She said, frantically trying to find all of Remus' wounds. His shirt was covered in blood seeping through the white cotton.

"Bloody Death Eaters caught on to us," Dorcas said, grunting from the effort of holding Remus up.

"Put him on the table," Thea said, quickly clearing everything out of the way. "Peter, hand me those blood-replenishing potions." Peter passed them to her, without hesitation, and Thea laid them out near Remus' side. He groaned painfully, twisting about. As far as Thea could tell, he wasn't fully conscious. Whatever had been done to him clearly had him in a lot of pain.

Thea used her wand to sever his shirt in two. She had to see the full damage in order to begin healing it. Open wounds criss-crossed across Remus' chest and shoulders. She immediately used her wand to close some of the wounds and staunch the bleeding as much as possible.

"I need one of you to tell me exactly what happened," Thea said, hoping the others didn't catch the shaking in her voice. This was the most serious injury Thea had dealt with so far. She was doing her best to remain calm and work fast under pressure. But it was difficult. It wasn't just anyone who was injured so grievously, it was Remus. Her Remus. She had to save him.

James was the one to explain the situation. "We got into an altercation, the Death Eaters found us out. We exchanged some spells and blows but planned to evacuate and apparate around a bit to lose them. Just as we apparated away, one of the Death Eaters fired off a gouging spell that hit Remus. It knocked him back and he got splinched as the apparition completed."