Chapter 1

@JasminAkram5 (editor and proofreader)

Miko's POV

"Whispers Among the Daisies"

There was that one day when I had to go to school as usual, on that day I had to hand in my science fair project; this project represents one-third of my overall grade.

Just right after the class I accidentally bumped into Jessica; one of the meanest girls, yet the most loved girl in school. I despised her.

"Watch your step, Miso. Do you realize the cost of this jacket?" she yelled.

"First off, it's Miko. Secondly, I couldn't care less about the jacket," I replied with a smirk.

"I've never cared about your name; it's as ugly as you are. And I still can't make sense of why you're so attached to that white dress. It's gorgeous but completely wrong for you, and-" she continued.

"Thank you, Jessy, for your unasked for opinion," I interrupted her mockingly and rushed out of school.

She always knows how to ruin my mood. I was feeling happy, but why does she have to do this?

I texted my father that I'll be coming home late today. I just wanted to spend some time in the garden.

As I made my way there; the isolated garden, a sense of mystery lingered in the air. This abandoned place was known only to me and another person whose identity remained anonymous, day by day, my curiosity grew, and was piqued, endless questions and thoughts were running through my mind faster than a rollercoaster.

We leave each other letters daily but never managed to know each other, and we know nothing about each other, but that person hadn't left me anything for the past 2 weeks, and to my surprise, they had already left me a note...

"Hey! Sorry I haven't written to you for the past 2 weeks, I had a lot of personal issues. How are you and how's your life going? Don't worry about me, I'm okay. Just tell me about you and your life! Oh and does that silly girl still bother you? I hope everything's okay!

your friend..."

I was so relieved when I read it, so I replied to their note...

"Hi! It's fine, I hope everything is fine now, I'm willing to hear about your problems if you would like to, and how everything is now. I'm okay and my life is going well these days.

And....yes that girl still bothers me with that horrible attitude of hers, like she's getting on my nerves so badly, UGH. Anywho, I'm willing to hear from you soon!
your friend..."

After I finished writing the letter I put that letter in the usual place where we both left our letters, as the sun began to set over the rolling hills and fields of wildflowers, I found myself lost in the music within my mind. It was a beautiful melody, one that had been playing on repeat since the start of the day. The notes seemed to dance and swirl around me, pulling me in with their enchanting rhythm.

Lost in the moment, I couldn't help but let my body sway along with the melody. My long, white dress billowed out behind me as I twirled and spun among the dancing daisies. With each step, I felt more connected to the earth beneath my feet and the sky above.

The wind carried my voice as I sang along to the song in my head, adding layers of harmony to the already stunning tune. As if joining in on my personal concert, birds chirped and butterflies fluttered around me, creating a harmonious symphony of nature's own.

For what felt like hours, I danced and sang under the open sky, completely lost in a world of pure bliss and musical euphoria. It was a moment that would stay with me forever, a memory etched into my mind like a cherished piece of art.

As night fell and darkness enveloped the landscape, I finally brought an end to my impromptu performance. But even as I walked away from that field of dancing daisies, that incredible melody continued to play within me - a reminder of that magical moment when all was right with the world.

Although my dress was getting dirty from the bottom because of the soil, and my bare feet were buried between the daisies and grass, I never cared about any of these instinctual things.

The most incredible feeling is to experience complete freedom and solitude, to be genuinely happy without any burdens or pressures weighing you down.

As I started to slow down my twirling speed, I witnessed a dark silhouette, watching me. I wasn't bothered with the feeling of their eyes on me, I didn't care, let them see how I am enjoying my life.

Instead, I went to play with the abandoned cats nearby and fed the stray dogs. Nothing could ruin my happiness at that moment.