Chpt 3 !

PRESENT DAY

3RD PERSON POV:

Nick woke up to Chris shaking him awake, he grumpily swatted him away and laid back down.

"Nick.." Chris says almost hesitant to speak to at all. It worried him, was Matt okay? Are their parents alright, Justin, Trevor?

"What happened?" Nick immediately asks, sensing the hesitation in his tone.

"It's about Kiara." Chris says with an almost heartbroken expression on his face.

"Please tell me she's okay." Nick says to him my face already softened.

"I think so, just watch this." Chris says shoving his laptop in front of my face.

It was a new video, she had posted! Is she doing better now? Nick was ecstatic thinking about things going back to the way they used to be, missing his best friend and old friend group.

"Why are you sad about her video? This is our chance to truly see her again!" Nick says shouting in excitement at Chris.

"No Nick, watch the video." Chris says shaking his head sniffing.

"Chris, were you crying?" Nick asks him shocked, but Chris ignores him and walks away leaving him with the laptop.

I click on the video, she looks so much different. She's always been skinny but now she's very skinny, I'm not sure if it's healthy how much weight she lost compared to before. I mean if you looked at her now she doesn't look sickly, but compared to before it's a little concerning. She's still absolutely gorgeous, but Nick can't help but feel concerned for her.

Nick felt his heart shatter into pieces as he listened to her tell the story of her ed, her father, and her depression. He felt like he failed his duty as a best friend, he had left Kiara all by herself when she needed him most. Nick thought she left because she wanted time to herself, but he was so wrong.

She was just alone, and she needed someone. Nick felt so guilty she was there for him during his toughest time of his life. She was the first person he had came out to, and she never told anyone or teased him. She only showed him love, and Nick felt so awful. Kie had distanced herself because she couldn't love herself, and Nick had that same problem. Just not as severe and Nick could always lean on her to talk about it. Her father, one person said all those things and caused her to feel that way. Nick didn't understand, she would get hate comments, they didn't seem to affect her so why did her father?

He shut the laptop, and walked into Chris's room. He was devastated he let that happen to his best friend, he should've trusted his gut and tried helping her.

Chris noticed the look on Nick's face and pulled him onto his bed with him. The two of them laid on their backs and stared at the ceiling quietly.

"Do you think I'm a bad friend?" Nick asks Chris quietly.

"No." Chris simply says.

"Thanks, that's real convincing." Nick says rolling his eyes.

"Well did you know about her dad?" Chris asks Nick.

"Yeah.." Nick hesitates before answering.

"Then you didn't want to go to her house because she probably told you not to right?" Chris guessed.

"Yes." Nick says looking at Chris.

"Well then I think it was just simply because you didn't want to invade her space, you thought she wanted time alone and you were giving her that. You weren't sure what she wanted, because I mean she didn't tell anyone so you did what you thought was best." Chris says wisely.