Chapter One: Karma

© 2013 Livetolove9003 All Rights Reserved

Eliza's POV:

"Scarlett, hurry up would ya?" I motioned for my best friend to squat behind me, muttering a few words of regret. My smile grew into a proud grin as I wrapped the twelve pack egg carton tightly in my small hands. I turned around to see Scarlett shaking like a dog about to go to a vet. "Stop worrying, Scar! The bastard deserves what's coming to him." I felt a wave of adrenalin come through me as Caleb's light went off, causing his house to turn completely dark.

What was I doing here? Well, allow me to start at the beginning.

Caleb asked Scarlett on their first date about a month ago, and they were-dare I say-madly in love. They went everywhere together, and I do mean everywhere. I felt like the third wheel in this situation, but I guess I was happy being alone in my room with my best friends Ben & Jerry. Ice cream is what kept me satisfied, as well as sappy love stories and thrillers that I spent hours upon hours watching. Don't blame me, I was lonely. About a week ago, Scarlett walked into Caleb's house like she does every day and she found him cheating on her with the biggest bimbo in out school named Lauren Hansen. Which is odd because I found Caleb to be one of those "down to earth" kind of guys who would never hurt a girl's feeling. Let's just say that my predicaments aren't exact. Lauren Hansen is one of those stuck up, blond haired, orange oompa loompa skinned clones that struts around the halls of our high school like she owns the ground we walk on. If you ever cross in her back, she'll raise one perfectly waxed eyebrow and give you a look that says: on-your-knees-peasant-and-love-me.

Most people are intimidated by the thought of her presence, but I find it quite amusing--you could say that I am fearless and confident, but I consider myself sarcastic. There's a big difference. Most people call Lauren the "popular one who has everything", but Scarlett and I like to label her as "a girl who wears two inch shorts and whose skin tone doesn't match her face". That was too long to whisper to each other in the hallway, so Scar and I just like to call her It.

It's not that we're referring to how Lauren should be known as the "it girl" and the girl who everybody wants to be; but you know when you see a spider and you scream at the top of your lungs yelling "kill it!" instead of: "kill the spider!"? Yes, our society only uses that word when we refer to creatures that are as disgusting as spiders. Precisely.

Anyway, so after Scarlett walked in, she just turned around and left without another word. Caleb and It should have been happy that I wasn't there. I used to watch Criminal Mind and Law & Order, so I can be creative when it comes to "accidents". Scarlett came running home to my house before she proceeded to cry until my room was began to fill up with tears. Finally, after hours of chocolate eating, chick flick watching, loads of swearing and threatening, we decided to make a list. A list, what kind of list? A Karma list to be exact, because everybody knows that Karma is in fact a bitch and she's coming early this year. We spent all night digging into our immoral and disturbing minds before finally, the masterpiece was finished. Like seriously, if I turned it in for an English essay, it would get an A+ for creativity.

So here we are, my best friend and I, hiding in the bushes across the street from Caleb's house. His parents aren't home and Caleb just went to bed. How perfect, because he would still hear the continuous pounding of the egg bombs on his windows but he will be too much in a daze to react. Caleb won't comprehend what's happening and after Scarlett and I are done, we will have enough times to skip merrily into the sunset.

The darkness of the lack of street lights made Cole street even more creepy in Pine Creek. We live in a very small town that's only inhabited by a few thousand or so, but the citizens of this town burst with life. The full moon hung low on the horizon as it illuminated Caleb's house like God was secretly telling us to attack. Thank you God for this suggestion.