¹ . shadow

Series of buildings pass by in a flash, his headphones drowning out the sounds of the radio and the wheels against the concrete roads and the wind whipping against the car.

He sighs, fiddling with the end of his leather jacket. His eyes don't focus on anything in particular, ear twitching occasionally.

"Esto es tan estúpido.." Shadow mutters as the car comes to a stop in an almost full parking lot.

Rouge snatches his headphones, making Shadow let out a frustrated "hey!".

"Deja eso. Besides, you owe Knuckles. He helped you, mister." She huffed, placing the headphones in his lap. "Now, Vamos."

With a small growl and an eyeroll, he opens the car door, stepping onto the ground, headphones gripped tightly in his fist.

Rouge started walking towards the venue without look back. Shadow followed behind anyways, headphones in hand, but it still bothered him.

"Knuckie! Knuckie, ¡Mi sol!" Rougue called out to the echidna, waving rapidly to him.

Knuckles, who was standing outside the venue, tapping his boot, looks up. His eyes shine a little more and he smiles.

"Ruru!" He said, arms opening for a hug.

Rouge happily flew into it, practically crashing into the echidna, though it doesn't effect him much. They hug eachother tightly, causing Shadow to roll his eyes for the second time that night.

"Asqueroso. Get a room." Shadow groans, pushing past the two.

Rouge glared at him, growling, "Estúpido, pequeño edgelord."

Knuckles chuckles, patting her shoulder. "Cut 'im some slack. This ain't his usual crowd."

Rouge sighed, "I know. I just wish he wasn't so negative all the time."

Don't talk about when I'm not there, gilipollas, Shadow thinks bitterly, scowling. He walks into the venue, ears pinning to his head as he sees the amount of people there.

He lets out a long-suffering sigh as he squirrels away into a corner.

His eyes scan the crowd before landing on the empty stage. His eyes narrow. The music probably won't even be that good.

More people began to flood in, so he pulls out his phone, content with scrolling through Twitter.

It takes a few minutes, but the lights dim. Shadow's ear twitched and he looks up. Smoke pools in onto the stage, the soft murmur of the crowd becoming silence for a few moments.

And just seconds later—

"Are. You. Ready?!" A disembodied voice says.

There's roar of cheers that makes Shadow wince. He quickly puts on the headphones, going to Spotify. He scrolls through his playlists to find something distracting.

He hears the muffled sound of cheering makes him look up again. He blinks, once, then twice.

A parakeet as lead guitarist, a crocodile on the keyboard, a monkey on bass guitar, a rabbit on drums—