𝟎𝟎𝟓 ⭑ ( VISION ) .ᐟ

IT HAPPENED IN AN INSTANT. The monster let out a blood-curdling scream and lunged at Ashlyn, its claws digging into her arm as she tried to fight it off. She fell back, and a trail of blood trickled down her limb. As she scrambled to her feet, the monster flickered away, as if it escaped from reality in the blink of an eye.

It was gone as if it was never even there in the first place.

Ashlyn was left standing there, trembling as sweat trickled down her face. Her eyes were still frantically searching the scarily normal corridor, trying to make sense of what had just happened. She didn't want to believe that it was real, and yet, she couldn't deny the terror that was pulsing through her veins.

You stood there in silence, not knowing what to do or say. A part of you felt embarrassed to speak up and share your thoughts, especially since you weren't used to talking to anyone outside of Ashlyn. The good side of this was that you wouldn't have to worry about being bullied by others, seeing as they had seen everything for themselves.

Tyler scoffed, slicing through the thick silence. "Ghosts aren't real," he said, dismissing the terrifying experience. "This is just some stupid prank,"

"A prank?" Aiden retorted, his tone tinged with annoyance.

"Obviously," Tyler said, rolling his eyes. "A group conveniently cancels a reservation, our guide just happens to have an excuse to leave, and then we're left in this supposedly 'haunted' house? And right after said 'scary encounter,' the thing just disappears before we can confirm or touch it?"

Everyone went silent, processing Tyler's words. "Yeah, this is definitely a prank. They probably have cameras or hidden projectors somewhere." Tyler said a few more things before dragging Taylor along with him to go back to the bus.

Ashlyn remained on the floor, staring down at her arm in confusion. There was no blood, no injury, nothing that could explain the agonizing pain she had just felt. She looked up as Aiden approached her, crouching down and patting her head. But Ashlyn didn't appreciate the gesture, hissing at him to quit getting in her face. You couldn't help but feel like something was sparking between the two of them, even if they didn't seem to be the most compatible. They certainly didn't seem to be getting along (just yet. MWAHAHAG)

After the chaotic afternoon, you were exhausted and decided what you needed most was a good nap. So that's exactly what you did when you arrived at the motel. There was an odd number of people in the group, and so you ended up having a room to yourself - which you weren't complaining about. After all, a little alone time was just what you needed.

Ten minutes lying in bed later, you decided that music was the only thing that could help you fall asleep. You reached over to grab your phone, moving your fingers quickly as you opened Spotify and selected your sleep playlist. The soothing sounds of your favourite songs filled the room, and you felt yourself slowly drifting off to sleep.

Hand in hand
The flowers understand
That we're fine, you and I
Hands are tied

I don't mind
I'll make you be ok . . .

YOUR EYES SNAPPED OPEN AUTOMATICALLY as a voice, which did not sound familiar, whispered "WAKE UP" into your ear. The white ceiling above you came into view, and you quickly realised that you hadn't overslept as there was no red tint in your vision.

The air felt thick as if you were in a horror game with its graphics turned on high. But what freaked you out was the fact that there was no one in the room, but the voice sounded like it was whispered right in your ear.

As you rubbed the fatigue from your eyes, you sat up and immediately noticed the open door in the distance, which seemed to lead to darkness. "Is this part two of the prank or something?" you thought aloud, but before you could even fully process your thoughts, your body moved against your will, carrying you towards the open door.

It was like you were inside a black hole. Empty, dark, and void of life. You didn't know how to feel about your current situation, scared or at peace. Maybe you had died and this is the afterlife, just drifting in nothingness for all of eternity. That sounded nice, really, eternal stillness.

An ear-piercing scream interrupted your brief fantasy. You covered your ears, but it did no good. Then images flashed before your eyes. Ashlyn with short hair, Aiden without his trademark smirk, Ben crying, Taylor Logan shooting at an Idle Monster and worst of all, Tyler being impaled by a tree.

--

AACORDDINGG to my Wattpad statistics only 25 percent of you are voted and followed to my account so please go do that...please