SFW; Before the Light

Evelyn wandered through the back rooms of the newly rebuilt Tower, hands clasped behind her back as she made her way through a cluttering of decorations from past events such as Crimson Days, Guardian Games, SRL and Dawning. Eva was found tapping through an electronic tablet, waving to Eve as she passed, to which Eve only nodded, as if trying to conceal her true feelings.

She arrived at a door bedight in the golden Guardian shield, opening to reveal a large hall full of chests, hologram projectors and a containment cell at the back, holding a swirling black mass, Shaxx standing in front of it, Arcite to his right. Eve let her hands hang at her sides, clenching them into fists as she shouted across the room to him, her faceplate contorting to express livid fury.

Eve; "SHAXX!"

Arcite flinched at the shout, Shaxx only turning around without appearing too alarmed, shouting back across the room.

Shaxx; "EVELYN! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK YOU ABOUT THE MACHINES YOUR TASK FORCE WAS WORKING ON!"

Eve clenched her jaw before responding.

Eve; "EXACTLY WHY I DRAGGED MY SHINY METAL ASS OVER HERE! WHO POSSESSED YOU TO MAKE YOU WANT TO DEPLOY THOSE TO THE FIELD?!"

Shaxx planted his hands on his hips.

Shaxx; "THEY'LL GET THE BEST USE OUT THERE, DON'T YOU THINK? CAN'T KEEP THEM COOPED UP IN THE WORKSHOP FOREVER!"

Eve growled under her breath before proceeding down the steps towards the first cluster of chests, but still far enough to have to scream her words.

Eve; "THE ADU IS *NOT* MEANT FOR FRONTLINE USE; IT'S SUPPOSED TO HOLD DOWN AREAS ALREADY SECURED. A FRAME COULD LOOK AT IT WRONG AND IT WOULD CRUMPLE LIKE WET TISSUE!"

Shaxx took in a deep breath before speaking, starting to become frustrated himself.

Shaxx; "THE GUARDIANS CAN UPKEEP THEM WITH SCRAP FROM THE FIELD, THAT'S WHAT THEY DO!"

Eve let out a frustrated sigh as Stasis began to crawl up her ankles, growing crystal steps that she used to walk over the chests and straight to Shaxx, no longer yelling.
.
Eve; "Resources will be wasted if they can't be defended properly, Lord Shaxx. We're stretched thin as it is. Need I remind you you're expending a good deal of resources on more Redjacks to obtain *three* more Crucible arenas?"

Shaxx sighed as well, looking down at Eve while still maintaining his posture.

Shaxx; "And need I remind *you* that you've asked me to oversee the ADUs because of an invasion you foresaw?"

Eve shushed Shaxx, glancing back to the door she entered from as the Stasis platforms began to dissolve.

Eve; "... My sources are reliable."

Shaxx let out a grunt of amusement.

Shaxx; "So are Ikoras hidden; the Vanguard is aware of your little secret, Chief. You don't hold any more power than me in this situation."

Eve furrowed her brow up at Shaxx, clenching her jaw.

Eve; "Regardless... I entrusted you with the ADUs because you held a castle for the better part of many of the Dark Ages; fortifications seem to be a specialty of yours, you'd know where to best put them."

Shaxx nodded with a slow exhale.

Shaxx; "You would be correct. However, I think their place should be in places we want to maintain, that includes areas of strategic importance. You've already proven the capabilities of your clan, Evelyn; a whole portion of Neomuna is opened up again, including Cirrus plaza where I was going to send my Redjacks. Why not use that capability to claim other outposts on other worlds?"