Chapter 3 - "What A Beauty"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Assistant walks out of the medical room as she walks towards her office, gripping onto the side of her right waist. She grits her teeth, slightly in pain as she opens the door, walking in and then shutting the door behind her. She leans against the door and sighs, breathing slightly heavily. She grunts in slight pain. 'I hate that stupid experiment.' She thinks to herself. She leans away from the wall and walks towards her leather chair and sits down on it. 'Ugh, I have to check on that experiment and of course the workers.'

' I'm sure Poppy has it taken care of..' Assistant sighs to herself. "Hopefully.." she mumbles underneath her breath. She hoped everything would be fine. Until Walden barges in. This wasn't usual for Walden to do.. so it confused and concerned assistant. She sits up straight with wide eyes, as if she just woke up from a nap. Walden glares slightly at assistant and leans against the door frame as if she's done something wrong. Then that's when it hit.. did he find out about the experiment? Is he gonna fire me for it? Oh no.. what have I done.

"Assistant." Walden speaks in a serious tone.

'What if he'll hurt me?' Assistant thought to herself.

"Assistant.." Walden says again.

'Or! He'll throw me into the grinder!' She thought.

"Assistant!" Walden shouts in annoyance for not answering him.

"I'm sorry sir! I was just trying to do my job!.." Assistant says in a panicked way. Walden suddenly raises an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why she was suddenly acting like this.

"What? What did you do?"
"N-Nothing, sir.."
"Hm."

Walden wasn't buying it but he didn't think much about it unlike the other times he does. Like one time Assistant burned the kitchen down while trying to help Frank bake a cake for the mailman for some reason.. Walden sighs and narrows his eyes towards her.

"Well, whatever it is.. I'm not going to do anything. I guess. I was just gonna say where is the paperwork that I sent you to be done at 1:30. I sent it to you at 12:00." Walden crosses his arms.

"Well.. Sir I was busy helping the others with the experiment since they had trouble.. But if you could just give me more time I will get them done as quickly as I can." Assistant smiles slightly and awkwardly.

"Hm. Fine. Can I count on you to get it done in 40 minutes?" He raises an eyebrow, his back facing away from her but his head slightly turned to look at her, half way out of the door as his hand remains onto the door frame.

"Yes, Of course you can, sir." She nods also in the response of her words. Walden nods back and walks out of the office, shutting the door behind him on the way out.

Assistant watches as Walden walks out. She sighs in relief. 'Damnit.. I almost forgot about the paperwork because of the damage.' she sighs as she narrowed her eyes. "let's hope he won't get any suspicion." She mumbles and  starts to get her work done, focusing.

Minutes past....

Sallina was checking up on everyone if they're doing their jobs as Barnaby comes up behind her. "So, What time is it?" He asks as Sallina turns to look up at him.

"It's 1:33. Why?"
"Welp, it's break time."
"Really? I've never noticed."

Barnaby nods his head as he looks around, seeing poppy writing this down, seeing howdy doing whatever he's doing. And Julianne walking into Walden's office? Confusing.

"Hey.." Barnaby says in a low and suspicion tone, narrowing his eyes. Sallina notices this and raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know where Frank is?" Barnaby looks down at Sallina.

"Huh? Uhm, I think I saw him go outside. I think he's looking for more butterflies to study or.. Maybe with that mailman." Sallina says with a serious facial expression. Poppy suddenly walks up behind them, holding a clipboard against her chest.

"Do you know they are something? Like a couple?"

Barnaby and Sallina look at each other saying "HMMMMM" At the same time before saying "Nahhh".

"I'm sure they're just good friends." Sallina added.

"Yes I agree!" Barnaby also added with his usual deep, energetic voice.

Meanwhile.....

Eddie walks up to the mailboxes in front of the factory as he hears some trouble grunting outside near the factory. He raises an eyebrow and puts in the last mail into the box before closing it. He walks towards the direction and shouts out.

"Hello?" Eddie asks in his usual deep voice. "Is anyone there? Sorry if I'm disturbing!" He added.

And there is Frank, trying to catch some butterflies that he has never seen and obviously he wanted to study it to learn more about it. But he is clearly struggling by his struggle grunts of frustration. Eddie then chuckled at the sight, his chuckles were in a deep way.

"Well, Hello there, Mr. Frank!" Eddie raises his cap up off his head slightly before leaving it back on his head. Frank glances over and sees Eddie. His eyes widened as he stood up straightly.

"O-Oh, Hello..!" Frank glances to the side, tugging onto his tie. Eddie walks over with a wide smile across his face.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm just trying to catch this butterfly." Frank clears his throat, trying to avoid getting nervous, distracting himself by looking at the butterfly. "I haven't seen a butterfly like that before.." he added.

Eddie looks at the butterfly. "Hm, I must say I haven't seen that butterfly before myself.." He chuckles at the end of his sentence. Frank looks at him, smiles slightly when he hears Eddie's chuckle. Frank suddenly cleared his throat which caught Eddie's attention.

"Well.. I should-"

Frank's eyes widened slightly when he saw the sight of the butterfly landing onto Eddie's finger.

"Well this butterfly is quite a beauty.. Isn't it.. Frank?" Eddie says in a low tone while looking over at Frank with a smile across his gentle face.

Frank glances away and nods his head. "O-Oh, Yes I agree.." He looks back at Eddie as Eddie chuckle. Which made frank smile.

"Called it." Poppy says, giggling watching Eddie and Frank by the window with Sallina and Barnaby.