𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Marissa black smiled as she approached the stool, it was her first year and she had just turned twelve three months ago. She had been excited to join ever since her mother told her about the wizarding world when she was ten.

She sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall placed the old dusty sorting hat on her head, surely it began to speak.

Hmm. Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes — and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting... So where shall I put you?

Not Gryffindor, she thought to herself. Her mother told her, that no one in the Black House had been selected into Gryffindor.

Well no one except her uncle, Sirius Black, but he was disowned and a couple of years later thrown into Azkaban. For convicted murder of a supposedly best friend and his wife.

James and Lily Potter.

Not Gryffindor, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Gryffindor will help you on the way to excellence, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you're sure — better be SLYTHERIN!

The hat shouted, his voice echoing off of the walls. The was an eruption of cheers from Slytherin, she smiled and began walking towards the table with green banners, and she looked around. She saw a boy with dark brown curly hair, and a girl sitting beside him with black wavy hair.

She sat next to them, the girl looked up and gave her a weak smile, " hello" the boy said his expression was blank.

" Hello, I'm Marissa," she said offering to shake both their hands, the girl obliged first and the boy followed, only after his sister elbowed him.

"I'm Arabella, but everyone calls me Ara," she said as she pushed her hair out of her face. She looked at the boy and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm Mattheo," he said plainly before going back to stare into the distance. She smiled and a few more names were called; Ronald Weasly, Hermione Granger, Draco and and Isabelle Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Lorenzo Bershirke, Blasie and Mariane Zabini, and one she didn't expect at all.

Harry Potter.

The room fell silent, everyone stared at him, the same thing had happened to her, people looked at her and whispered she knew it wasn't nice things, but when Harry got his name called, they looked at him in Awe and surprise, not disgust and evil.

Harry approached the hat, he looked nervous, but she stopped paying attention. She felt some kick her leg, she looked forward to see Mattheo trying to suppress a smile. She frowned her eyebrows, she mouthed what.

But he acted like he didn't see her talking, she rolled her eyes, sitting on Mattheo on either side were two boys, Theodore & Lorenzo, they both looked sweet and Lorenzo looked like he was somehow related to Mattho and Ara but she couldn't her finger on it.

She finally snapped into reality when the hat shouted GRYFFINDOR she heard a loud outburst, and she turned to see every other house cheering except Slytherin.

She looked forward to seeing Mattheo giving an annoyed expression, Marissa raised her brow but he stayed silent.

"Are you okay" she whispered as they were eating, he gave her a smug look before pushing away his food, she looked down at food feeling pity she pushed away her food as well and smiled at him.

He looked at her smugly, but she continued to smile, eventually he'll crack a smile. She thought of herself everyone does, Marissa grabs a thin black sharpie out of her pocket and began writing on it.

Everyone was eating so they paid her no mind, well no one except Mattheo, he just stared at her with cold stare. She wrote a small bear with Mattheo Name underneath, she smiled and grabbed her wand. She murmured at temporary spell onto it before showing it to him. " why'd you do that?" He asked but she just shrugged.

" I like drawing and your a new friend I don't wanna forget, even if you don't like me now, in the future I'm sure we'll be besties till the end" Marissa replied as she tossed him the pen.

He gave a corner smile, he did the same thing but rather then a bear he drew a dolphin with Marissa's name underneath, he casted the same spell.

Marissa didn't focus on one subject to long, buts she was determined to make Mattheo Riddle her friend.

☾ 𝑇𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 ☽