CHAPTER 2- HER OPPONENT

Early in the morning, bell of puja ranged through out the mansion, while Rathore picked up his white shirt to wear today.
He glanced at his scared body, feeling numb.

Normal scar would remember someone of their painful moment, but for Raghu it was numbed moment of his life.

He collapsed on the floor as his father keep hitting his torso with a whip. His skin torned and bleeding..

"You're getting married by this week to Yashna, the Ahuja family's daughter." His father stated.

"Raghu.. Beta.. Please don't make this difficult.. Say yes beta.."His mother wailed seeing her only son getting beaten up like this.

"I.. Mom.. Let me die.. I don't want to live.. Leave me.." He plead, laying on floor.. His blood drenched his white shirt..

"Raghu, beta.. Don't be stubborn. Your father won't control once you have an heir." His mother advise felt meaningless..

"Raghu.. RAGHU?.?" He closed his eyes, and lost him felt in darkness..

Raghu looked at the same color shirt in irony, the advise that his mom gave him worked, but at what cost? The moment he gained control of this family, he never cast them a glance..

He was raised loveless, both of his parents were married for sake of having an heir, once he born, he was given to nanny.

He buttoned up his shirt, his phone ranged.
Little one is calling..

He should probably change that name, veer is no longer a child. He is seventeen this year..

"Dad, I'm taking boarding soon. Don't forget to pick me up." Spoil rotten brat never stop bothering his dad.

Rathore's cold face lit up immediately, "Sorry my son. I'm not picking you today."

Veer frowned hearing that, "What? Normally only you would do it, you wouldn't let anyone else pick me up."

Yes, when it's comes to this child. Raghu will put everything aside when run to him but now there is someone more reliable.

"Your sister will pick you up so don't make scene or be rude to her, understand?" Raghu asked patiently.

Veer's expression darken, "But"

"No but.." Raghu said sternly.

Veer cut the called, feeling upset.

______________

Later..

Khushi glanced at Veer who is silent through out the journey, clearly avoiding her.

"So veer, how was the school?" She asked with a polite smile on her face, as she is driving the car at required speed.

He seems to uninterested to involve in a conversation with her.

Khushi sighed, "Anjali Malik has agreed to marry your father."

His hears perked in clear interest as soon as his father is mentioned.

"How do you feel about it?" She asked, feeling curious about his opinion..

He was reluctant to answer still, he asked the question he had in his mind, "Did dad really want to marry Anjali aunty?"

"Why? Do you think he wouldn't want to marry Anjali, as per Alex's investigation.. She is the one who engaged to Mr RATHORE first then he got married to your mumma." Khushi's words irked him more.

"My father loved my mumma the most! He calls her his angel! He remained single all those years remembering my mom." He spat out in anger.

Khushi smirked, "Really? From what I saw, Mr Rathore remained single for you. You see, you're his only son. How could he let you suffer under an evil step mother? Such a baby~"