14.

ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛᴇɴᴇʀ

---

Y/N'S POV:

We all ran into the hut which is where Alby was. I wouldn't allow myself to think about Newt or Thomas at this moment right now, for right now I had to focus all my attention on Alby and make sure he is okay. 

I stood next to Minho, perking my head around his shoulder to try to catch a glimpse of Alby. My eyes widened when I saw him shaking and tears streaming down his face, mumbling words none of us could understand. 

"Alby? Are you alright?" Thomas kneeled down in front of Alby, instead Alby snapped his neck to face Thomas. I felt my eyes watering in fear, I wasn't sure why but every time I got even a little scared I just cry, it was really annoying at times.

"You did this." 

Everyone froze, turning their heads to look at Thomas's stunned face. No one had said anything but frantic screams had filled the room from the outside. I frowned in confusion, turning my head to the door with Gally. Seeing everyone running around, running towards the door. 

I grabbed Chucks arm just as he was about to pass me.

"Chuck, what's happening?" I asked, feeling my chest pounding anxiously as I felt everyone's stress in the air. 

"The doors wont close Y/n!" Chuck looked like he was about to cry, but he quickly ran off to everyone else where the doors were. Without thinking twice about it, I quickly ran towards everyone else. I realized Newt and Gally were behind me, as we all ran towards the doors. That was in fact wide open, as the sun was just about to vanish through the trees. 

I turned around, seeing Minho running towards us as we all stood in front of the doors, hoping it would close any moment and there was just a delay or something. 

"Thomas injected Alby with that serum that Teresa came up with, maybe it messed with the doors?" Minho commented, trying to make everyone calm down as best as he could. 

I whipped around, facing Minho in surprise. 

"Thomas did what?" I demanded, why hadn't I known about any of that? Why didn't anyone tell me? 

"Y/n, it's because Alby was basically dying, we had no choice." I frowned in confusion as Minho quickly walked away, not having the time to continue talking to me. I gritted my teeth in annoyance, what if that serum had made Alby worse?

Except I just saw Alby and he was perfectly fine, other than the fact that he accused Thomas of something. I turned around once I noticed Thomas running up to us, frowning, his eyes glimmering with concern and worry. 

I quickly tore my eyes away from Thomas and tried my best to focus on why the doors weren't closing. I felt my chest tightening anxiously, as I looked frantically around for any sign as to why the doors wouldn't close.

Suddenly a guest of wind attacked our faces, I turned my head away from the door as I felt like my skin was getting scratched off from the wind. Once the wind was gone, I opened my eyes and turned to look into the maze. 

All of a sudden the screeching clicks of the grievers echoed through the air all around us, sending shivers down my spine. Just as everyone was about to run away, a rumbling shook the ground beneath us, having us almost falling. It reminded me almost of an earthquake, however this felt different. 

As everyone looked into the maze, I turned around, seeing the walls on each side of us start to open up into different sections of the maze. Now their were four doors in total that were open, along with the grievers released. 

Once everybody noticed that the walls had suddenly turned into a wall, Thomas's scream cut through the air like a jolt of realization.

"Everybody hide!" 

Suddenly everyone started running, more like scattering. I don't think anyone knew where they were going, where would you even go? Before I could start to run, the screeching sound of grievers all around us shook me to my core. 

Abruptly, Thomas grabbed Minho and told him to get the weapons, and ordered a few other people to prepare themselves. Gally had ran before Thomas could even say anything to him, other people followed Gally. 

I breathed heavily, feeling my heart pounding through my chest in fear, I wasn't sure what I should do right now. Just as Thomas started to run towards me, I noticed grievers in the forest, tearing the place apart as people's shrieking screams made me feel cold inside. 

"Y/n, come with me, hurry!" Thomas ordered as he quickly ran towards the hut where Alby was. I realized quickly that Thomas was planning on saving Alby from basically getting torn apart from the grievers. 

Out of nowhere as me and Thomas and a couple others, including Teresa all raced towards the hut, a griever came out of nowhere and attacked one of the gladers not far from us. I gasped in shock, feeling myself shaking in surprise. 

"There!" Swiftly Thomas grabbed my arm, trying to shake me out of my trans as I started as the griever tore apart one of our fallen gladers. I wasn't sure why I couldn't move, I barely knew that glader, but he was still important to us, and that could easily be one of us. 

Thomas led the way towards the tall grass where we all hid. As we all crouched down, I felt my whole body shaking, dried up tears across my cheek as I could hear more shrieking screams in the air. 

Thomas held his index finger to his lips, indicating for everyone to be as quiet as they possibly could. Once it got quieter around us, one of the gladers perked their head up a bit, but he quickly got snatched up and dragged out of the grass, the torch he was holding quickly dying of light as it hit the ground. 

I gasped in horror as Thomas tried to grab him as he was getting dragged away, my hand was shaking as I see everything in slo-mo as I see blood splatter all around me. 

"Run!" Thomas yelled and quickly me and Teresa all ran with Thomas towards Albys hut without looking back. We all ran as fast as we could not hiding or turning back until we got Alby. 

I didn't even know where half of the gladers that are still alive had even gone, if there was even more than half of the alive I thought as the grievers tore apart everything. Fires spread across the gardens, and all our food sources. 

Was this the end?

~~~

I will be mixing some of the events around just so it can fit best w the story. 

and if you haven't noticed, I changed the cover of the story, which shows that I have decided that... Thomas is endgame 🫣