chapter⁴

twilight sparkle?

twilight sparkle?

a/n: i wanna know people's sexuality headcanon's for the mane six!!

warning: talking about mommy issues?

☘️✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼☘️

authors pov

12:33 PM. CANTERLOT HIGH

"hey pretty," two hands cover y/n's eyes as she stands in the line in the cafeteria to get her food. "you hear about that new girl?"

"new girl?" she questions, nudging lightning's hands from her eyes. he nods, getting into the line. 

"yeah," he says, taking a tray. "apparently she argued with sunset, defending one of your old friends,"

"which one?" y/n asks, taking a fruit salad and a sandwich. lightning also takes a fruit salad and some pasta. 

"fluttershy," lightning says, making y/n sigh softly. her and fluttershy were close friends. her and everyone were close friends. until that disagreement. "new girl is called twilight sparkle,"

"twilight sparkle?" y/n repeats, taking her dessert and sitting on of the chairs. lightning sits next to her, digging into his pasta. "never heard about her before,"

"you'll know her when you see," lightning says after gulping down his food. "she's got purple hair and a purple dog,"

"no wonder she defended fluttershy then," y/n says, eating her fruit salad. "you're not going go and sit with flash and everyone?" y/n motions the group with her spoon. lightning shakes his head. 

"why go hang out with them when i can stay with my favourite girl?"

"favourite?"

"well, besides my sister," lightning winks at her, making her cheeks go warm. she rolls down, rolling her eyes as she continues to eat her food. 

y/n has a crush on him. a massive crush on him. and she will take it to her grave. lightning is very charming. and he smiles and talks to all the girls because that's just who he is. everyone likes him. so she could never go with him. or ask him out all for that matter. 

"how is baby stormy?" y/n asks. 

"oh, she's okay," he nods. "she's going round to visit our mother after school so i'm picking her up and taking her,"

"and how are you feeling about that?" lightning shrugs at her question. y/n looks at him expectingly, making him smirk at her.  

"what do you want me to say, pretty? she's trying to do better so-" he shrugs again. "as long as tornado is okay, i'm okay,"

y/n squeezes his hand in encouragement. she knows his relationship with his mother isn't the best. she hasn't been there in his life. but she's trying now for tornado. 

"you catching feelings, pretty?" he says, kissing her hand. y/n's brain has just stopped working. 

"lightning!"

"ow!" he laughs, holding his hand.