2

The day started like any other for Alhaitham. Awakening half an hour earlier than other students, he made his way to the committee room to prepare for his duties as the chairman of the disciplinary committee. Opening up the room and ensuring everything was in order fell squarely on his shoulders.

As day two of school dawned, Alhaitham settled into his chair in the committee room, sifting through a stack of papers. Time passed quietly until the door creaked open, revealing a dark green-haired boy, entering the room.

"Morning, Chairman," Tighnari greeted.

"Morning," Alhaitham replied, returning his focus to the paperwork.

Tighnari stowed his belongings away before rolling up his sleeves and joining Alhaitham in sorting through the documents.

"So, how was your break?" Tighnari inquired, his eyes scanning the papers.

"The usual. Went back home to my parents. They pestered me about school life and tried to convince me to stay," Alhaitham responded.

"There's no need for me to ask about your break anymore," Tighnari sighed.

"What about yours?" Alhaitham glanced up briefly.

"It was alright. I stayed at the academy and finished some projects. Nothing exciting," Tighnari shrugged.

The two worked in silence, tackling the backlog of paperwork that puled during the break.

"Have you looked into the winter event yet?" Alhaitham finished organizing the papers and began shelving them.

"We agreed to host it two weeks before winter break as it gets busy on the last week," Tighnari explained.

"I see. When will the planning begin?" Alhaitham queried.

"I need to get the teachers' consent first. Then we'll likely start organizing in early or mid-November," Tighnari replied.

"Alright. Do you need any assistance, or is your group managing fine?" Alhaitham inquired.

"We're managing for now, but I'll keep you posted," Tighnari assured him.

"Okay," Alhaitham said, gathering his belongings. "I'll be heading out now."

"Oh, I have a question for you," Tighnari interjected.

Alhaitham turned back, raising an eyebrow.

"I have a friend who needs to join a club by winter. I suggested the disciplinary committee. Can you check if he meets the requirements?" Tighnari requested.

"What's his name?" Alhaitham asked.

"Kaveh. He's a second-year student," Tighnari replied.

"Alright, I'll look into it," Alhaitham nodded before exiting the room.

.
.
.

"So, did you ask?" Kaveh and Tighnari strolled around the school during their break, eager to stretch their legs after a day spent sitting indoors.

"Yeah, I asked him. He said he'll look into it," Tighnari replied, glancing over at his friend.

"Thank you so much, Tighnari. I really don't want Sir putting me in a sports club!" Kaveh exclaimed.

"I don't want to witness you causing the school team to lose," Tighnari retorted

"I'm not that bad," Kaveh protested.

"Oh really? What about the time during the school sports day when you-" Tighnari began teasing.

"Okay, that is enough. We promised not to talk about that day!" Kaveh interrupted, flushing slightly.

"You know I'll remember that forever," Tighnari chuckled.

"I know," Kaveh groaned, shaking his head.

"Tighnari!" A tall figure called out near the benches.

The two friends turned to see a man approaching with a book about math in hand.

"Tighnari, I looked at your friend's documents, and he does not fit the requirements to join the committee," Alhaitham said as he approached.

"Oh, what was the reason?" Tighnari inquired.

"Well, he doesn't follow the school dress code, he's received numerous detentions for sleeping in class, and he's always late for school," Alhaitham replied bluntly. "I'm not sure why you recommended him."

Kaveh's expression shifted to one of shock. "Excuse me, but you don't have to insult me like that. I have reasons for my actions. I sleep in class because I pull all-nighters to study, and I'm always late because I'm tired from pulling those all-nighters. I think I'm the perfect person for this club!"

Alhaitham glanced at the blonde, confused. "Who are you?"

"I am Kaveh!"

"Oh, Tighnari's friend? Well, you will not be accepted into the committee."

"They're only a few things; it's irrelevant!" Kaveh protested.

"It is a disciplinary committee," Alhaitham emphasized the word disciplinary. "You need to be disciplined first before joining it."

"You're too much of a goody-two-shoes. I know you don't follow all the rules," Kaveh accused.

"And how would you know that?" Alhaitham challenged.

"Guys, let's not do this now," Tighnari interjected, attempting to diffuse the tension.

"I can see it by your face. You act all good and nice, but I know that you use the chairman label to get away with trouble," Kaveh pointed his finger at Alhaitham's chest.

"You're quick to judge," Alhaitham retorted.

"You're one to judge," Kaveh shot back.

They stared at each other in annoyance for a moment before Kaveh realized his finger was still on Alhaitham's chest. He quickly withdrew it and coughed awkwardly.

"Kaveh, let's head back inside. Class is about to start," Tighnari urged.

"Please, I don't want to see his ugly face anymore," Kaveh muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry about that, Chairman," Tighnari apologized, pushing away the still-complaining Kaveh.

"Why did you apologize? He should be apologizing to me!" Kaveh continued to grumble.

Alhaitham watched as the two headed towards class, a small grin briefly appearing on his face before disappearing again. Checking the time, he realized that break was almost over, so he made his way back to class as well

902 Words