chapter 1

Outei Tsukinomiya was over with Raimon winning, and Anna went to see Nosaka Yuuma because he fainted during the match. It was the first time Mikado Anna had shown concern for someone, and although she didn't realize it atfirst, she found herself falling for Nosaka. After the match, she decided to confess her feelings to him.

 Anna's POV:

 As I waited for Nosaka in front of Midouin's office, I couldn't help but wonder if he was right. I was eager for him to come out so I could finally tell him how I felt. My heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. Is this how love feels? 

Nosaka's POV: 

I couldn't believe that Anna shed tears for me. Even though she was on the opposing team, I felt a connection between us. But I couldn't shake the feeling that she deserved better than me. With the uncertainty of my upcoming surgery, I didn't want Anna to be heartbroken if something were to happen to me. Lost in thought, I barely noticed Hazaki talking to me. 

Haizaki: With a hint of worry in his voice. Nosaka, hey you there 

 Nosaka: Huh? U-Uh... yeah..yes. Sorry, I was thinking about something. 

 We were planning on destroying areas I went to Midouin's office and confronted him. He explained that he felt let down and disappointed, which is why he turned down my request. Then, I dropped a bombshell - he had proof that the Ares no Tenbin project was a mistake. I mentioned a girl named Akane who had been part of the project and was left broken by the Ares system. Even after sherecovered, I convinced her to act like she was still sick so they coulduncover the truth. Midouin tried to brush it off, claiming the evidence was obtained illegally and that it was easy to manipulate people. But then I dropped

another bomb - I had a brain tumor and hadn't decided whether to have surgery to prove the Ares project had harmed him.Midouin was shocked that Nosaka was willing to risk his life to takehim down. 

He grabbed me, but then Haizaki burst in and kicked a ball at Midouin, sendinghim flying towards the window. 

Haizaki declared that the Ares system was finished. Exiting the room with Haizaki, I saw Anna looking worried and nervous, probably because of my illnessand fainting during the match.

Anna: Um, Nosaka-kun... 

 I notice the slight blush on her cheeks and I look away. She can't do this... not now. To be honest, I don't even know how I feel about her. I don't have any real feelings for anyone and I never have. Love is a strange thing. I don't understand why people go through all this just to have their hearts broken... however, it pains me to see that Anna is one of them. That she is willing to wear her heart on her sleeve like this. She is trusting me not to break. She really is naive. 

Nosaka: Oh, I'm sorry. You have nothing to worry about. I'll beundergoing surgery soon to save my life. I want to play more football too. 

 Anna: Oh, I see... I'm so glad. She said this with tearsin her eyes and then ran away. It hurt to see her like that. 

 Anna's POV: 

Just when I thought I could trust people again after that tragic incident, I ended up feeling evenmore broken. I can't believe he didn't even give me a chance toconfess my feelings. I feel so ashamed of myself. He turned medown so easily, with that perfect smile as if nothing had happened.Ugh, I hate myself for falling in love like this. I quickly ran to my driverand asked him to take me home right away. When I got home, I burst into tears immediately. Luckily, Mr. Ray wasn't home. I found out he was on a business trip for a week. Thank goodness, I didn't want to cause any more trouble for him. I hated feeling like a burden to him, especially since he was the one who saved me from that awful situation. Most importantly, he treated me like I was his daughter... 

 Could this day get any worse? 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hey everyone, this story is a collaboration with @Happy_frvr. We hope you enjoy it!😊