The Card Shifter

The Card Shifter

fionn Netherly a young man set out on a journey to find the unknown.

"June 30th,1946 "
Summer has ended and I am still out searching for it. 4:35 A.m, The train has just arrived. It's raining outside gloomy and very humid just like the day it all began on. So much has happened I manage to even forget to send a letter to my parents. They are probably worried about me or not? Little do I know maybe I would've made them a fortune by just not being there.

June 8, 1945
Summer still at Its peak. I am forced to look for a job. My family has been nagging me about it for the past few months saying that I am useless and I don't deserve to live or be around. After a huge fight with them I left that night. Although I had been collecting information on the "unknown" as they call it. It still wasn't enough info to pin point where it could be but I had no choice rather than take a chance and go for it. I took the money I had been collecting and some other important stuff and left.

10th June
Looking for what felt like an eternity. Night was yet upon me, it seemed like my luck had run out. It was a waning crescent tonight so there wasn't much light too bad I was yet only at the Clause forest. I sat on a rock and called it a day and made some fire to stay warm. In the night it was quite cold and Cloudy it was about to rain. Now that i looked at the situation it was a better idea to be in a forest knowing i could take the trees as a cover if it rains. I wouldn't have been able to do the same if I was in plains. Good thing the place i was sitting at also had a tree, a huge one for that. It had only been about 5 minutes when I heard a loud thud behind me. I took a dagger out of my bag knowing it could be a deadly animal or a mystic creature. My time had not yet come. I couldn't die here. I shakily looked back; it was even worse than an animal or a mystic beast. It was human.. Dead. A shiver went through my spine. It was as if I knew if I moved even an inch I would be the same as the man lying in front of me. Not knowing what to do I looked at the darkness in the forest, eyes wide open. Waiting for my own fate.

Before anything. A man with parted hair, shining cat-like yellow eyes very fierce as if they would cut me. He didn't say anything. A second passed without a single word. I stood there frozen at that moment. I thought my fate was decided, my life flashed before my eyes. My brother passed away at a young age due to drowning in the water. Trying to save me. I couldn't have done anything. I was a failure. I was the reason he had died.
Why? Why would he save me?

He looked at me. "Card shifter" he said. what? card shifter? What is he saying? "Oh I am so very sorry that you had to see this. I didn't want it to be this messy but.. this man didn't stop running. mere humans are always looking for a way to run from destiny.you seem different. Either way I think you're very brave to not run. but oh what I see death isn't yours right now. it looks as though you had been keen to meet it but poor you even death doesn't want you." he continued. Who was this man? How did he know so much? I had a million questions but before I could ask any of them he took out a card from his deck and threw it towards me as if he meant for me to take it. i took one glance at the card on the ground and went to look back on the man but what u saw. he , neither the man. I watched the blood disappearing or getting soaked by the motherland. The sun was starting to come up. I picked the card up and it had a few letters on it. "TK" that's weird. Nothing happened. I didn't bother much. I was happy that I had even survived the night. The first English hit in the dark forest lighting a little red plant. Shard Aercus I had read about the plant. It is extremely poisonous but if handled correctly a rather useful herb. It looked like it was made of sharp tinted glass nature's glass for it had a beautiful red black and golden colour. They are very rare and are hardly found around areas that are cold and humid so it was rather astonishing to find it. Either way I thought it would be useful so I leaned down and cut it with a dagger and put it in my bag.

Dawn was yet again upon me new adventures are waiting.