Cemetery

Taking my little half-brother Aries in our arms, we walk down the stairs.

"You look beautiful," Alice, my father's new wife, compliments.

'Thank you,' I respond.

'Are you coming to the funeral?' I ask Aries sweetly.

'Yup,' he replies cutely.

----------------

''sweetie...the others are there today too...'' my dad warns me before I go to open the door of the car after we reach the cemetery in Monaco.

"Who do you mean?" I asked coldly, knowing who he meant.

I took Aries in my arms. Alice and my father walked behind us. After a short walk, we reached a small group of people who must have known my mother. The three of them caught my eye, but I didn't give them a single glance. Two weeks had passed when I found out that my brother and Maria were a couple. And of course I also saw his broken look, his eyes red, but I didn't give in. When the three of them tried a run at me, I ran over to the grave with Aries. I placed Aries on my lap and only had my eyes on him.

"That's your mother lying there, isn't it?" Aries asked me sweetly but impertinently.

''Aries! Forgive me, Amalia...'' Alice intervenes.

'Oh, it's all right, Alice...' I respond calmly, feeling the stares of the three of them on my skin.

'You know, Aries...I don't even know why that woman gets a grave...she doesn't deserve it,' I explain.

"Why is that?" he asks, his brown eyes searching mine.

'She was a bad woman and she hurt me,' I explain.

-------------------

"Amalia?" a now unfamiliar voice rang out.

It was Charles.

"Charlie...what do I do the honor of?" I asked back, pleased.

'I wanted to hear how you're doing...we haven't seen each other for three months,' came his soft voice again.

'I'm fine...I'm fighting my way through, as always...and you?' I ask back.

''Same with me...can I ask you something?

'Yes, go ahead...' I respond calmly.

'Lewis, it's his birthday tomorrow...and I know you don't talk to each other, but please think about it...he'd be really happy if you came...' he said carefully, without opening any old wounds.

'I'm sure he would be happy, but I wouldn't be happy...' I responded.

"amalia...it was a lie, come on. He's your brother..please think about it...'' Charles tries to convince me.

'Why are you on their side? I thought at least you would understand me...'' I say back.

'Believe me, I understand you...but the three of them are not doing well at all...I'm just asking you for a visit...' Charles tries again.

----------------

My heart was pounding as I stood in front of the familiar front door. I held flowers and a gift set in my hands. Then I got over myself and knocked. A response came a little late.

"Amalia..." said Lewis in surprise.

'Happy birthday, brother,' I say quietly and give him everything I have in my hands.

'Nice to see you here...please come in...' he says and makes room.

Once inside, I recognize old structures. Charles smiled when he saw me, coming straight up to me and pulling me into a hug. Lando rolled his eyes and hurriedly downed the drink between his fingers. And Maria looked anxiously at Lewis.

"Love from Dad too..." I spoke to Lewis again.

'Thanks... so you really live with him?' Lewis asks me with interest.

I sat down on the couch next to Charles and Lewis. As I looked around, I saw Lando leave the room and disappear upstairs.

'Yeah... it's really great with him in Marseille...' I reply, my eyes following him.

"How long are you planning to stay?" Lewis asks me.

'If it's all right, a few days...' I reply.

''That's more than fine...'' Lewis says with a smile.

-------------

Up the stairs, I looked around with a drink between my hands. Walking into my old room, I saw him lying in my bed, still carrying.

"Since when is this your room, Norris?" I ask him as I lean against the doorframe.

"You've moved out, so what do you care?" came his unfriendly voice.

His arrogance is back. Should I be happy about that?

"It's still my room, so what are you doing here?" I respond.

'Good thing I always fuck my one-night stands in here...' he responds arrogantly.

"Excuse me? You fuck your whores in my bed?' I ask angrily.

His arrogant look only finally meets mine.

'Are you deaf?' he asks rudely and leaves my bed.

''It couldn't be more disgusting... why don't you just fuck her in the bed you're using?''

'Yours is more comfortable for all positions...' he replied with a grin.

'Get out before I forget myself...' I threatened him.

'Threats don't work on me...when you're gone again, I'll keep banging her in your bed...' he grinned again.

'Good thing I'm staying for a few days...' I reply unkindly, crossing my arms.

'Then I guess you'll have to watch me satisfy the women in front of you...' he replies.

'Dare you and you're dead, Norris,' I say sternly.

'Try...but you're still weak...' he says, his eyes traveling over my body.

'Stop looking at me like that...' I respond stubbornly.

'How am I looking at you?' he asks arrogantly.

'You're looking at me like you did the first time we met...' I say quietly.

'I can't remember that, it was nothing special...' his cold voice rang out.

My heart shattered. I felt the wind as he walked past me to leave the room. He had changed, and I was the reason for his behavior.