David...

Exer and Brenda had known each other since they were both eight years old; their friendship was made stronger over the years through countless adventures, shared secrets, and even a romantic relationship between the two! The two of them met through Brenda's twin brother, David, whom they both loved very dearly.

Exer's shift at the café had been exhausting, but Brenda inviting Exer over her house for a catch-up and to see his lover, David, cheered him up—Brenda's company on the way back to her house also lifted his spirits.

As they reached Brenda's house, Exer couldn't help but notice the door was slightly open. Brenda, being the optimist that she is, tried to dismiss it as her mom forgetting to close it properly before she left to go to the supermarket. Concern flickered in her eyes, but she masked it with a forced casualness.

The door creaked open, revealing the dimly lit interior of the house. Exer and Brenda strolled in, their voices filling the silence as they chatted about the day. Exer glanced back at Brenda, a smile playing on his lips as he spoke and the dimples in his cheeks becoming visible.

But as Exer turned to face ahead, his words caught in his throat. His gaze fell upon David, slumped against the arm of the sofa. The room seemed to freeze as the gruesome scene unfolded before them. David lay unconscious, blood pooling around him, staining the rug crimson. His body was a canvas of bruises and cuts, a heartbreaking sight that sent a chill down Exer's spine.

Exer's heart raced as he rushed to David's side, his hands trembling as he checked for a pulse. Brenda stood frozen, her hands clasped over her mouth in shock. Panic seeped into their veins, mingling with the dread that filled the room.

"David..." Exer's voice was barely a whisper, his mind reeling with a thousand questions and fears. What had happened to him? How had he ended up in this state?

Brenda's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she slowly knelt beside Exer, her comforting presence a balm to his frayed nerves. The silence weighed heavy on them, broken only by the sound of their shallow breaths.

With trembling hands, Exer reached for the phone on the wall opposite the scene, dialling emergency services as his voice shook with urgency. Help was on the way, but the minutes stretched on, each second feeling like an eternity.

As they waited for help to arrive, Exer and Brenda refused to leave David's side. They whispered words of reassurance, their bond strengthening in the face of adversity. The truth of their friendship shone brightly in the darkness of that room, a beacon of hope amidst the shadows.

Exer and Brenda sat in silence, their thoughts consumed by the sight of David's injuries. Exer's brow furrowed as he pieced together the events of the past few months. Brenda's eyes narrowed in realisation, and she whispered, "It must have been our father who did this." Shock and anger washed over them as they vowed to uncover the truth and bring justice to David.

When the paramedics finally arrived, Exer and Brenda watched with bated breath as David was carefully lifted onto a stretcher. The ambulance sirens wailed in the distance, a haunting melody that marked the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

Exer and Brenda stood in the doorway, their eyes locked in silent communication. They knew that their lives would never be the same after this night and that the echoes of this trauma would linger long after the physical scars had healed.

As the ambulance disappeared into the night, Exer and Brenda turned towards each other, their hands intertwined in a shared promise. They would stand by each other through the darkest of nights and the brightest of days. Their friendship, tested by fire, emerged unbreakable—a bond forged in the crucible of adversity.