I'm glad you're okay.

David lay in the hospital bed, his body bruised and his heart heavy with the events that had unfolded earlier that afternoon. It all started when his father showed up unannounced at his mom's house while David was home alone. The confrontation escalated quickly, with harsh words flying, and then turned into violence as his father lashed out, screaming and beating David mercilessly.

Christine, his mother, arrived home shortly after with Exer, David's supportive boyfriend, and Brenda, his protective sister. The moment they told her about David's battered state, they rushed to the hospital. Concern flooded through them all. Voices filled the hospital room, frantic with worry, as they bombarded David with questions about what had happened. With tears in his eyes, David recounted the terrifying ordeal, his voice shaking with fear and anger.

Christine's eyes blazed with fury, and her maternal instincts ignited as she made a decision. Determination swept over her features, and without a word, she stormed out of the room and marched across the road to the police station to make a report about his father's violent outburst.

Meanwhile, Brenda and Exer stayed by David's side in the hospital room, offering him their unwavering support and comfort. Brenda, being the caring older sister that she had always been, went to fetch David some water, leaving Exer and David alone for a moment. In the quiet of the room, Exer reached out, his touch gentle and reassuring, as he comforted David in his time of need.

As the tension eased, David's gaze met Exer's, a silent communication passing between them. In a moment of vulnerability and shared emotion, David leaned in and kissed Exer, the intensity of their feelings overwhelming them. The kiss deepened into a passionate embrace as they both sought solace in each other's arms, finding comfort and love in the midst of chaos.

Lost in their own world, they were unaware of Brenda's return until she walked in on the unexpected scene. Shock and embarrassment washed over Exer and David as they realized they had been caught in a moment meant for just the two of them. Brenda's eyes widened in surprise, her initial shock quickly melting into a smile as she realised the depth of the connection between David and Exer.

Exer's eyes flicker and turn a vibrant shade of green, emitting a mysterious green mist that slowly envelops him. David notices and points out with a simple statement, "Exer, green." Startled, Exer apologises and hurriedly blows the green mist away from both himself and David using his hands.

With a knowing look, Brenda set the water aside, choosing to give the couple a moment of privacy before joining them again a few minutes later. In that hospital room, amidst pain and turmoil, love had found its way in, binding David, Exer, and Brenda together in a shared moment of understanding and acceptance.