𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝕺𝖇𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 //𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 1

After she had finished washing, drying, and putting away the dishes, she turned away from the sink, leaning slightly against the kitchen counter, shifting nervously from one foot to the other, fiddling with the strings of her hoodie.

Ted stood casually leaning against the kitchen table, his arms crossed over his chest, watching her intently. "Are you ready?" his voice was calm.

The young woman nodded eagerly, trying to mask her uncertainty with a look of confidence. They were going to kill a person. In the safety of the cabin in the middle of the woods, the thought seemed so surreal, and although she knew the man before her was a serial killer and she had experienced firsthand what he was capable of, it was hard for her to believe that what they were about to do was really real. Despite her nervousness, she felt strangely relaxed, as if it were all just a game. And wasn't it somehow? If she would die, she would be revived and have to go through all this again. And even though it was exhausting and her deaths had so far been associated with indescribable pain, the thought that her death would not be final this time either and that she would get another chance if she failed again was comforting. Which, of course, she did not hope for, after all, she had trained and prepared herself. But you never know.

"Are you sure?" Ted looked at her intensely, his beautiful, piercing blue eyes boring into her green-brown ones as if he wanted to look into her soul, find out whether she was honest with him, what her true motivation and goals were. He had to admit, her demeanor, her knowledge, and especially her offer had both surprised and seriously impressed him. She was undoubtedly brave and had piqued his interest. However, he was also suspicious. He did not trust her and wanted to test how far she would really go and whether he could really rely on her words. Or whether they were just that: empty words.

She nodded again, her gaze now almost pleading with him to believe her.

"You won't betray me. Promise me," Ted commanded her.

"I promise," she said wholeheartedly. She would never betray him, and she hoped more than anything else that he would not betray her either. That it all wouldn't be in vain. That this time she could finally gain his trust definitively. That he wouldn't kill her. That he wouldn't see in her just another victim, but a partner, someone who would support him, understand him, love him.

Ted pushed away from the kitchen table and began to walk towards her, looking at her intently, and his voice took on a threatening undertone. "If you betray me, you will regret it. I promise you that." He left no doubt that he would carry out his threat. And she knew he would fulfill his promise without hesitation.

"Never," she whispered reverently.

He halted before her, his gaze sweeping from bottom to top over her body, brushing his fingers gently across her hip, causing her to flinch involuntarily. She lowered her gaze somewhat fearfully. "Then let's get ready. I suggest we find suitable clothes. Do you have anything here?"

She nodded slowly, still somewhat fearful, yet intent on satisfying him. "Yes, I think there should be clothes in the bedroom closet?" It sounded almost more like a question, and Ted raised an eyebrow quizzically, but said nothing.

She squeezed past Ted, leading the way to the bedroom while he followed. Upon opening the closet and discovering several dresses, jeans, shirts, and suits, she breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed the fairy had provided well and truly wanted to support her as best as possible.

Ted stepped beside her, examining the clothes before them, his fingers trailing across the fabric until a particular dress caught his attention, and he pulled it out. "Put this on, okay?" He held it out to her, waiting expectantly.