Chapter 6

After almost four hours, you two finally make it to Beverly Hills.

"Where to now?"

"Let me radio, Sam." Bruno takes his out walkie talkie. "You read me, friend. I'm back in the Hills, so where am I meeting you?"

"Me and Ronnie are headed to 12 Arkill Ridge. Meet you there." Sam says.

You two pass a gate to the entrance of a gate control room.

Bruno spots another pair of shurikens and nudges you. He hands you a pair.

"This should come in handy than the others. These seem to have electricity infused in them." Bruno says.

You sigh. "Which means the path we're going on, isn't going to be easy."

Bruno raises his eyebrows. "Having second thoughts?"

You scoff. "As if." You smirk. "I like me some challenges."

Bruno heads towards the room building as you inspect the entrance gate.

There was a sign that read;

Safety Check List

✅ BUDDY UP
✅ CHECK RADIOS
✅ LINE MANAGER CHECK-IN
✅ REMEMBER PPE!

There was another sign reading;

╔══════════════════╗
BRENTWOOD WATER
RECLAMATION PROJECT
╚══════════════════╝

⚠️ DANGER MULTI-HAZARD SITE
⚠️ DESIGNATED CONFINED SPACES
🚫 ENTRY PROHIBITED UNLESS AUTHORIZED

PPE IS MANDATORY

You notice a piece of paper rolled up on the gate and open it.

Considering how Bruno couldn't get the room opened, he walks over to you. He notices that you're eyeing something and walks behind you.

𝙶𝚞𝚢𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚖'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚙. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚙𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗. 𝙸𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚔𝚎𝚢.

𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕

"Seems Phil's the man to see about these keys. Just hope he's still here." Bruno says from behind, startling you.

"Oh fuck me!" You turn around as you angrily glare at him.

She has such a foul mouth. Bruno states, knowing that he liked it nonetheless. But you know, that saying doesn't go without a comment.

Bruno smirks. "Gladly, but don't you think the timing's not right. Not in front of these zombies." He nears your face.

You blush at his commentary. Your mouth opens to say something, but you're speechless.

For a scandalous girl, she's very easy to tease. Bruno comments.

You regain yourself. You scoff as you cross your arms, looking away from him. I don't know whether he's joking or being serious anymore. And these weird feelings I'm getting towards him, at this stage, aren't helping.

Bruno smiles at your reaction. Que linda (How cute). Todavía se parece como un ángel cuando está enojada (She still looks like an angel when she's mad).