Chapter 1 - Summer

"Why would he do that?! I mean why can't he just communicate with me better so I always don't have to look so desperate!" My sister Lana has been complaining this whole summer about her and her boyfriend's arguments. They're getting to that stage where everything is falling apart. For 2 years it has looked like nothing can come in between their love, but clearly something has now.

"Why don't y'all just take a break for a while? Maybe it can calm the tension between you two." I suggest. Lana shrugs her shoulders. "I'll think about it."

I get up from the kitchen stool and go over to the sink where she is standing.

"Stop letting that boy ruin your mood! It's summer break and we should be going to the beach and stuff instead of sitting at home worrying about a boy Lana." I always try to cheer her and so she can know her worth as a person. I hated seeing her cry and be so frustrated all the time because of him.

Lana smiles at me.
"Yeah your right, we can go somewhere ill get ready"
I smile back at her.
"Alright" I say.

I watch Lana run up the stairs with excitement.
10 minutes later she is running down the stairs with ripped jeans shorts and a crop top and a bag.

"We can go in my car since you can't drive properly." Lana teases me and play pushes me a little. I give her a side eye and I roll my eyes. "Yeah okay whatever you say." I laugh a little.

We run to the car and get in. Lana connects the Bluetooth the car and starts playing some 3005 by Childish Gambino. "Don't you just love the feeling of the windows rolled down and blasting music?!" Lana yells with joy. I smile at her, loving every part of this moment. Me and her never get to hang out like this due to school or her plans with her boyfriend.

We arrive at a gas station craving some snacks. Lana decides to stay in the car and wait for me. I enter the gas station and go to the drink section. I open up the freezer full of drinks and grab a Dr Pepper for me and a Sprite for Lana.

As I'm grabbing the drinks, I spot a shadow right next to me. I turn and around and see Kaleb behind me. Kaleb as in Lana's boyfriend. He's not alone either. Right behind him is his brother Felix. Felix as in my long term crush...since childhood. My brain is doing loops and is going crazy at this moment and I can't think straight.

"Uhm hi." I say awkwardly.

"Look I know you don't like me as much anymore because it's probably what Lana told you and I get it, but please just don't hate me." Kaleb says. "I just want to fix stuff with her and she's just not very understanding with my feelings right now."

I nod my head. "Yeah I understand, I mean I don't know your side of the story, so I really can't say anything...you know?" I reply.

Kaleb nods his head back.
"So are you just here alone or what?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No, Lana is in the car waiting for me. "
Kaleb eyes kinda widen.
"Oh." He says quietly.

My eyes wonder to who's behind him...Felix. His charm just brings something to me. 6'1, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and let's not get into those muscles that are visible. I start zoning out then bring myself back to reality when I hear someone behind me say excuse me so they can walk by.

I give a small smile and wave to Felix. He does the same back. He doesn't like talking as much and is kinda nonchalant just like his oldest brother Dylan who I never really talked to before.

"I would tell you to tell Lana that I said hi, but I know she doesn't even want to hear my name right now so I'm not going to ask." Kaleb frowns a little and scratches the back of his head a little.

"I mean you're not wrong, she is pretty mad at you." I say.
"Yeah I understand." He says.

"Well I'm going to go, she's waiting for me so just try to fix it or something, maybe even a break?" I suggest Kaleb the same thing I suggested Lana earlier.

He nods and walks off with Felix. Right as I'm closing the freezer door, I glance at Felix for a quick second looking at his back. Felix's eyes glance back at me. A tint of blushes appears on my face. My heart starts racing. Felix turns back around and walks out the gas station. I stand at the freezer for 10 more seconds before going up to the cashier to pay.

I walk out the gas station and start walking towards the car. I knock on the window to alert Lana to open the door. She unlocks it and I sit there before saying anything.

"Well guess who I just saw and talked to..." I say.
Lana looks at me confused.
"Who?" She asks.
I turn to her and slouch a little before putting in my seatbelt.
"Kaleb."
Her eyes drop and her smile turns into a frown just like how Kaleb's did earlier.
She turns on the car along with the AC.
"He say anything?" She asks.
"He was kinda sad I guess, but I do think he wants to fix it." I say.
She looks at me and sighs.
"Let's hope he tries at least" I say.
Lana smiles a little.
"Wanna hang out at the beach?" She asks.
I start nodding and smiling with excitement.

Then we started driving off and we head to Venice beach.