Off The Rails

I woke up earlier than I usually do and got ready. Tommy hadn't let go of the fact that his baby sister had been talking to a boy (his words not mine) and kept teasing me about it. Note to self: NEVER text a boy I like within 10 feet of my brother.

I put on a pair of leggings and wool socks that I had before putting a long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt since I was a baby when it came to being cold. I tossed my dirty clothes into a hamper I had in my room and realized I probably needed to do laundry soon.

I brushed my teeth and hair before walking out into the main room. I saw Tommy sitting at the the table eating a bowl of cereal in a pair of sweats and a t shirt. "Good morning" I said.

He looked up "Morning, are you ready to go?" He asked.

"I just have to put my shoes on" I walked over to the door and sat down on the floor to put my shoes on while Tommy got ready to leave. He grabbed his keys and I grabbed my backpack and we were out the door.

I tossed my stuff at my feet in the front of the car and loaded up. We got to the school like 5 minutes before class started so I was a little rushed getting out of the car.

I said bye and made it to PE just in time. I tossed my bag into the corner and ran to my spot on the floor. Jake happened to sit next to me in gym class and he scooted over to talk to me.

He scooted so close that his knee was touching mine and I mindlessly pulled myself away a little. "You good?" He asked.

I was kinda confused "Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"Well you moved away so I guessed-" he started. "- nevermind" The rest of the class was fine, I kept to myself since none of my other friends were in my gym class. Once we got to passing period I walked to the my next class which happened to be coding, luckily Melody was in that class.

As I walked down the hallway I heard some commotion along with a girl's voice asking if she can just go to class. I went to check it out and found a girl probably around my age surrounded by a group of boys that I had already been told were weirdos. They had backed her into a corner and were ganging up on her. I walked over, set my backpack against the wall and grabbed some blonde headed boys collar. "What the fu-" I decked him in the face beforw he could finish his sentence. His friends tried to help him up but I just kicked them while they were gone and told the girl to go to the office. Once all three of them had had their asses handed to them I grabbed my stuff and went to class, about 15 minutes later the phone rang and Mr. Williams looked at me.

After putting the phone back on the hook he told me "Alexandria take your stuff and head down to the office please" I nodded and picked up my stuff before leaving.

I made it to the office and had to sit at a table in the middle of the room before the principal wanted to to talk to me. After about 30 minutes of waiting he finally called me into his office. "Tell me your version of the story Merlyn" Mr. Harrison was a man who got right to the point and only addressed people by their last names.

I shifted in my seat, "Well would you rather have a girl get touched inappropriately in your or have a few weirdo's punished?"

"That's an interesting perspective" he grabbed a pen from his grey desk side drawer and slid a notepad in front of him. "Why do you think they were touching her?" Is this guy serious?

"Because they had her backed into a corner and she was scared. Even if they weren't actively doing they still had the intention, that should be enough"

He started typing on her computer and then on the phone. "I'm calling your father"

"He won't answer" I blurted out

He pit the phone back onto the holder. "Well someone needs to pick you up. You're suspended for the rest of the week"

"You can call my brother Tommy" I offered.

He signed and asked "what's his number?"

I gave him the number and he called him. "Hello?" My brother said as he answered the phone.

"Hello Mr. Merlyn. I have your sister in my office, I'm the principal of Starling City Middle School in case you were wondering"

"Did something happen? Is she ok?" Tommy asked.

"She's fine, the boys she fought are not" Mr. Harrison said to my brother.

There was a pause before Tommy started asking questions "There was a fight? What happened?"

"She apparently was defending another girl but that's just her story" my principal had a very punchable face right now. "Is it possible for you to come to the school and pick her up?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in 10. Thanks" the principal hung up and I was told to wait in the main office before getting picked up. I waited for a little bit then saw Tommy walking up to the school, I picked up my bag and went out the office door. I still jad to check in with the front desk lady before leaving so I did that then met Tommy outside. "So they said they'd email me the details but I want to hear it from you first, your principal is kind of an asshole"

Tommy had walked to the school since he was close by and the apartment was only a 20 minute walk from the school. Once we got back to the apartment Tommy asked me what happened. I explained that some douche bags were trying to be creeps and that I whooped their butts. "They had it coming" Tommy said to me. "But you can't just beat people up, you get that?"

I nodded "Yeah"

"And your grounded for the rest of the day, toss me your phone"

"What? Are my dad or something now?"

"No, but right now I'm the only adult who gives a damn about what happens to you"

I listened and gave him my phone, he put it in his room and then came back out. Jokes on him I can stare at the ceiling for hours. I made the assumption that I would not be going on my kind of date today so it would be super boring and when I'm bored I temd to make bad decisions.

-------------

At around 8 Tommy had to go to Oliver's 'Welcome Home Bash' so I would be home alone. "Be good, maybe refrain from punching anyone while I'm gone. I'll be back around 11" Tommy told me before he left. Once he was gone I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.

After about 30 minutes I heard a noise. I stood up and quickly made my way to my room. I grabbed my bow and arrow before making my way around the kitchen, I pulled the string and was ready to let go as I walked into the room.

Then I saw a man in a League uniform. My heart dropped and I lowered my weapon. I took a deep breath "Who?" I asked.

They handed me a picture and told me "Adam Hunt" why would the League target that rich douche bag?

"Got it" he left and I saw a note on the back of the photo. '10:00 tonight' it read. "Guess I have a phone call to make" I mumbled to myself out loud. I went and grabbed my phone off of Tommy's desk and I had the ARGUS number saved in my phone, I tapped on the contact and called the number.

"I'm glad you called" Waller said on the other side.

"Adam Hunt, that's my assignment. I don't know why but what I do know is that the League will kill everyone I love if Adam Hunt isn't off the board by 10" I told her. I couldn't take any chances, I can't lose Tommy.

"Everyone will be fine, Adam Hunt is already under investigation after a run in with the Vigilante that saved you, Thomas Merlyn and Oliver Queen" she said. Who is she supposed to be? Siri? I snickered at my own joke after forgetting I was on the phone. "Is something funny?"

I snapped to attention "No ma'am" I answered.

"Show up at Adam Hunts address; tell the League that someone took him out for you. ARGUS will take care of the rest"

I wasn't sure I should leave the fate of my family to some ARGUS chick but it was my last resort.

I changed into my uniform and went to find Adam Hunt.