The Outlander Who Caught the Wind (Part 1)

I woke up to the sound of gunfire, shouting, and screaming from behind. My friend luz carried me away behind her shoulder, including the hallway lit up red then went dark repeating itself while a loud noise like an alarm was set. I look around to see people running up to where they are heading to the escape pods.

"Luz? What's going on? Where's Dad?" I asked.

"Don't worry, The professor is okay, he'll meet us soon in the room he mentioned." She replied but also sounded worried about him.

While the other people were running we arrived at a secret door where no one was allowed to Enter. Luz pulled out a card of my dad and swiped it down near a console opening automatically. When luz entered the room she put me down to a wall so she could  head over to a blanket covering something, when she pulled it down it revealed to be a round machine with a console on the side.

She went over to the control panel struggling to figure out which one activates the portal.

"Come on, think." She presses a button in the middle and presses it down. With my own eyes the machine flickers as it generates a blue sphere emitting across the room, I look at Luz who is breathing and wielding a sword at her palm.

"Okay, I should hold them from here, at least I haven't lost my touch."  She said

"Alone?" I asked.

"Yeah, though it's a bit scary I can do this."

"No, It's too dangerous, they'll kill you!"

"Relax, I'll be fine, your priority is to get into the portal."

"Hey, I'm not leaving you behind, You can't expect me to go while you-"

"It's because you can have a better life!'  I was shocked by the tone, a better life? But I don't know if this is... with nothing my mind felt nothing but tears in my eyes.

Luz notices me and kneels towards me to cheer me up."Hey... It knows won't be the same as here but you'll have the freedom to do whatever your mind is into. But along the way, you'll have to face trial and error along the way which you'll have to learn and grow. Not only that, you'll make friends that will support you and call them family."

"But I can't do this alone."

"Don't be afraid, I know it's hard right now. But you are strong and brave, No matter what force drives you down. Always get back up,"

Suddenly the door opens, which causes her to turn around until the sound of a bullet shoots right through her chest. I saw her fall as I  caught her preventing me from hitting the ground. I was shocked and heartbroken seeing her dead right in front of me.

"Luz, please don't leave me. Don't die! Luz!!" I mourn for her while clenching her tightly, she slowly lifts her hands onto my face to wipe my tears."LUZ PLEASE  DON'T LEAVE YOU CAN'T DIE, NOT NOW!"

"Don't cry Kyrie..." She told me, her breathing was getting weaker because the bullet had hit her right chest of the lungs." getting to know you was best for the past years, and I will never forget it. Just Always remember to be brave... and always remember to..."

Her voice came to a halt and her hand let go of my cheek, even her eyes were not moving. I tried to shake her like it's some game she was playing but this wasn't this real, happening right in front of me."Luz? Luz  please please don't leave me.. please."

Rapidly, the group of individuals stormed into the room, pulling their rifles directly at me. Despite the overwhelming negative emotions engulfing me, I lowered her to the ground, then rose onto my feet, and fixed in silent, unwavering gaze upon them.