Heart to Heart

Minor warning: very light smut

Sandy's hips swayed through the open space as she wheeled her suitcase across the floorboards. The wheels rolled with ease against the smooth oak beneath our feet.
The living room and kitchen were open plan, with a warm toned, rustic feel to them. The inside flaunted wooden panelling and high ceilings. It smelled fresh, like pine and citrus.
"Living room and kitchen, obviously. The fridge should be stocked, but if there's anything you want just let me know," she turned to see my wide eyes. "You know I'll get it for you." She smiled affectionately at me, a flirty glint in her dark eyes.
She turned to move through to the back of the house and stopped at the base of the staircase. The same trend of a comforting rural feel seemed to follow up the stairs, with the addition of a plush cream carpet.
"Through the back is the yard, and the patio. I'll show you that later."
I squinted out at the back garden, it was awash with an orange glow from the setting sun. From what I could see there was a rocking chair and a white wicker table with an outdoor sofa facing the trees.
"Who stocked the fridge?" I asked.
"I have a little help here, when I come to visit."
I looked around. "No one's here..."
"I gave them the night off and asked if they could get everything ready before we got here," she took my hands. "Do you like it?"
"Are you crazy? Is there anything in this entire house that wouldn't make my jaw drop?"
"Oh," she chimed. "You haven't even seen the hot tub yet." She began to haul her bags up the stairs.
I stared out at the garden for a dumbfounded second and then hopped up the stairs after her.
"Hot tub? You're showing me that next, right?"
Her chuckle, low and affectionate, bounced through the upstairs hallways as she disappeared beyond them.
I peered into the bathroom, which smoothly transitioned from carpet to light tiles.
"Sandra, I'm lost." I called out to the empty corridor.
"I'm at the end to the left, Y/n!"
"Can I pee in this bathroom?" I asked.
"What? Of course you can." I heard her giggle.
"Looks too fancy to pee in," I murmured to myself.
With an empty bladder, I followed her voice, passing more rooms. She was unpacking some clothes from her suitcase in what I could only gather was the master bedroom. The room with the balcony. I made a beeline for it, passing a king sized bed and stepping over the thick rug. It was the perfect view. Made even more perfect by the warm pressure of Sandy's body as she stepped behind me, resting her chin on my shoulder.
"Feel better about leaving Canada, now?" She muttered softly, her cold nose nudging my ear.
"Yeah," I breathed.
The expanse of water beyond us and the mountains that stood in the distance were enough to leave me in awe. The sheer size of the land surrounding Sandy's house was hard to comprehend, I'd never seen anything like it.
I smiled to myself. "Waverley would hate it."
"Hm, well you're not Waverley." Her voice vibrated at the base of her throat, rich and soft, as she spoke. She pressed a hot kiss against my neck and I turned around, my back pressing against the wooden railing.
"It's not really her fault," I murmured, instantly taken out of my body as Sandy stretched her arms against the railing either side of me, blocking me in. "Would you..." I lost my breath and she smirked at me, "...appreciate it after being lost in it... for..." her eyes scanned my face, enjoying each breath she was stealing from me. "For months..."
"No," she blinked slowly. "I'm not sure I would."
I clutched the loose chiffon of her blouse, needing something to pull her even closer towards me. When her lips pressed against mine she opened her mouth and I tugged on her blouse a little harder, enjoying the way it made her fall into me.
I threaded my hands through her hair, throwing my head back as her lips trailed down my neck. Suddenly I was thrown up in the air with a squeal, my legs wrapping instinctively around her hips. She was laughing deviously, as I squeezed my thighs around her.
"Sandy! Too dangerous!" I exclaimed, looking over my shoulder at the sheer drop below.
She turned around, still chuckling, and planted me on the glass table, smoothly pulling me to the edge and parting my legs with her knee. My whole body was throbbing, aching for more. Just as she pressed her knee against me, her phone burst into life.
"Ignore it," I panted, pushing myself up against her thigh.
She kissed me quickly. "I can't, Y/n." She stepped away, leaving me half exposed on the table. "What if it's important?"
I watched her pick up the phone from the bed and answer it. I leaned back against my hands, my legs swinging off the side. I looked up at the puffy pink clouds, trying to ignore my tightened core and racing heart.
Sandy walked up to the door frame, leaning her shoulder against the side. The breeze blew gently through her hair, billowing the collar of her blouse out. That should be me, getting under her shirt... running along her skin.
"I don't know about that," she said down the phone, absentmindedly scouring my splayed body with her eyes. She licked her lips as she listened to the other end of the phone. "Okay, okay. I'll talk to her. We'll think about it."
She hung up the phone, tossing it across the room carelessly. She looked thoughtful.
I bit my lip, "Oi."
She raised her eyebrows. "Oi?" She mimicked me, coming over. She leaned over me, placing her palms next to mine.
"Either you finish what you started," I whispered, tightening my legs behind her with a sudden jolt. She made a stifled gasping sound. "Or you share the tea." I looked over her shoulder where she'd thrown her phone.
Her mouth crashed into mine, taking me by surprise. Her hands came up behind my back, my shirt riding up until she pulled her lips away just enough to tug it over my head. My mouth parted, panting lightly, and then her lips were on mine again, kissing me hungrily.
My skin was alight with her touch, her fingertips caressing my lower stomach with teasing strokes, dipping closer to my waistband each time. She kissed down my chest and I watched as it rose up and down frantically. I rolled my eyes, my head lulling back.
I was already frustrated with myself before I did it. I squeezed my eyes, savouring the last of her wet kisses before I reached my hand down and lifted her chin up.
"Sandy," I breathed, trying to sound somewhat serious.
"Y/n," she bit her lip with a smile, ignoring my tone. She pressed her lips against a freckle near my belly button and my abdomen tensed, my eyes fluttering closed.
"What was the phone call about?" I muttered, half hoping she would just ignore me and keep doing what she was doing.
She glanced up and out at the water, sliding up to my level and sighing. "My publicist."
I groaned. "Do I need to be worried about the two of you? Attached at the damn hip..."
"We were talking about you," she explained.
"Okay," I sat up, not needing to force the serious tone anymore. "What is it?"
She stood up and I leaned forward, suddenly worried. She looked down at her hands which were methodically rubbing up and down my thighs. It reminded me of the first night we'd kissed, when we got room service in my hotel room.
"My publicist thinks we should consider going public before the press tour."
I searched her eyes. The sun was just about to dip below the gap in the trees, where it was too dense for sunlight to stream through. Some automatic lights had sprung on in the corners of the balcony.
"Oh," I said, taking it in.
"She thinks we could gain some control over the narrative that way. It would stop Emily trying to convince the whole world you're not mine."
My breath caught in my throat.
"I am," I said. It seemed pretty obvious, but it looked like she needed to hear it. "...yours, I mean."
She bit her lip, her eyes glassy. She nodded. "I just hate her. Seeing what everyone is saying online... I'm used to everyone having an opinion but when it's about us..." she sighed.
"I haven't been able to bring myself to look. Is it bad?"
"You haven't looked?" She asked, surprised.
I shook my head. "No... Emily implied the general consensus wasn't in our favour but I figured she was exaggerating."
Sandy left the spot between my legs and grabbed her phone. I hopped off the side, surprised to find my legs were still slightly wobbly, and joined her in the warmth of the bedroom. I tucked my hair behind my ears and looked intently at the screen. I was younger than her and yet she was always the one keeping me up to date with the media.
She went onto Instagram and I glared at her. "What's this? You don't even have instagram."
"Secret account. I barely use it. Pay attention." She tapped on a post with the same image from the tabloid. The news outlet who'd published the article had made the post with the same caption as the headline. Sandy went into the comments and handed me the phone, climbing onto the bed and crossing her legs over each other.

yourmom 1 day ago
What happened to Sandra Bullock lol?
view replies
rex_19 1 day ago
@yourmom that was just a rumor
yourmom 1 day ago
@rex_19 oh wtf I'm so confused
rex_19 1 day ago
@yourmom why lmao obvs this just confirms the rumour was wrong thank god
yourmom 1 day ago
@rex_19 I was literally just asking
view 67 more replies

emmy90  13h
hottest couple😩

sunflowergirl 13h
Omg Emily😮‍💨
view replies
Macandcheez 13h
@sunflowergirl ikr I'm going insane🤤

emilyknowlesismother 13h
Try not to say mother challenge (extremely hard edition)
view replies
blahblahurgay 13h
@emilyknowlesismother you already failed hahaha
emilyknowlesismother 13h
@blahblahurgay OKG lol I was so confused for a second there until I remembered my username😭
blahblahurgay
@emilyknowlesismother ur username is the best
view 7 more replies

sandyswife 13h
say sike!!!! Sandy x Y/n nation rise😤😤
view replies
bullocknation 11h
@sandyswife that means Sandy's ours!!1!
sandyswife 9h
@bullocknation wait tru

awakenthegays 1h
Omg Y/n Y/l/n and Emily Knowles are the couple I didn't know I needed🫠 help

I locked the phone, squeezing it in my palm. I took a second to gather my thoughts. I used to be one of those people, ruminating on relationships. I never understood how little I didn't know. None of those people knew the real Emily. I chewed on my lip.
"Huh," I said.
"Yep."
I tapped the top of the phone against my palm. "I'm not judging them... they don't know any better. But it's still frustrating."
"Has it helped you come to a decision? About going public?" Sandy tapped the spot next to her, the feathers in the duvet swallowing her fingers beneath the bedsheets.
I jumped over her, landing softly in the spot. "It's sort of scared me more. People are either rooting for Emily or rooting to keep you single. I kind of can't win."
"You do win," she said. "Either way you get me."
I smiled. "That's true. But my career—"
"I know, I know. There are more things to consider here than just that. I won't take your decision personally, either way. I think keeping relationships private can be very beneficial."
"Well, what do you think we should do? I mean, you're the expert. It kind of sounds like you think we should do it."
She turned her head to look at me, our shoulders touching. Her hands cupped mine. "It's a little different for me," she started, "if we go public there's a lot that I'm announcing. It's not just 'me and Y/n are dating' it's 'Sandra Bullock likes girls' and 'Sandra Bullock's dating a younger woman'..."
I looked down at my lap, at our intertwined hands, at how her fingers squeezed mine a little tighter. I scowled, feeling my eyebrow twitch.
"So, you don't want to—"
"Y/n, that's not what I said."
I pressed my head against the headboard. "Why is this so hard. Half a year ago my biggest decision was which coffee shop to become a regular at."
Sandra looked confused, her eyes darting to the side as she considered my words. "I don't think you're supposed to choose to be a regular somewhere. It just kind of happens."
"There were loads of coffee shops near my apartment, okay? It was actually a choice I had to make."
She shifted slightly. "Why didn't you just switch which one you went to every—"
"That's not the point, Bullock. I wanted to be like a local... whatever, we're off topic. How are we going to make such a difficult decision?"
We both looked out the window, at the glowing lanterns casting a deep orange hue over the balcony.
"We go with our hearts," Sandy said, resolute.
"Hm, I don't think me and her are on speaking terms."
"Is 'her' your heart, Y/n?"
"Mhm," I nodded.
Sandy giggled softly, "that's cute." 
I shuffled down and curved my body around her, pressing my ear to her chest.
"Shh, I'm trying to listen," I whispered.
So I lay there, looking at the greyish blue of what was left of the daylight, and I listened to the beating of the only heart I'd ever loved, hoping it would give me an answer.

-
-
Author's Note ~
Hello! :) just wanted to say thank you to anyone reading this, and to anyone who has left positive comments and/or messaged me!! It all keeps me very motivated to know you guys are liking the story <3 as fictional Instagram user @sandyswife would say, Sandy nation rise!!
Anyways keep reading, love you, bye 😚