CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Fifteen year old Charlotte Snow had just finished school. She walked home hoping that her cousin Atlas' best friend Gael would be at the house. He was like the hottest man alive. She found something in Gael... He was like an absolute stud.

Dark blue eyes, dark hair, always had stubble on his jaw. He was always so casually dressed. He was like her dream man. Yes he was way older than her. He was twenty seven... Didn't mean that she couldn't secretly dream of being with him.

Her uncle David took her in when she was six years old. Her mother Maria was his sister and she took off leaving her alone in this ugly world. Her father was never in the picture anyway. So her uncle took her in. He only had one son. Atlas... Atlas who was now her legal guardian.

Atlas who was twenty at the time didn't seem too fussed about having her around. She was young and did her own thing. Her uncle was great, made sure she never needed for anything.

It was horrible, a few years later and her uncle passed away. Charlotte didn't know how or what happened, all she knew was she was now in Atlas' care. Atlas who had nobody left in the world.

She was the same, they were all alone.

From that moment and Atlas took on the guardian role a little too seriously. He was very strict. Never allowed her to go or do anything much really. If she was allowed any real friends he wanted names, wanted their numbers. He would go to the school and have meetings with her teachers to make sure she wasn't up to anything. He was on her case twenty four seven.

Charlotte having no real choice did whatever she was told to do.

Atlas was always busy, always had his mates over. They worked together on some construction site. That's how she met Gael. Gael was like so hot... She was so taken by him.

Atlas was okay, didn't seem to notice her growing infatuation of Gael. He just thought it was all good... Charlotte tired not to make it obvious, it wasn't like Gael even looked her way. Like not at all. If anything, he totally ignored her.

She did her best to hang around whenever he was there. She was just drawn to him. It was hard not to be. He had this uncaring way about him... Like when he spoke, everybody paid attention.

The thing to get Charlotte to pay attention to Gael was that Atlas who feared no man, Atlas who took shit from nobody, Atlas who was respected by everybody seemed to be cautious around Gael. He watched himself around him. Didn't order him around like he did the others. If anything at all he always listened when Gael spoke. That was just like something huge.

Atlas did not have a problem with Gael being around at first. It was all good. That was until things began to shift. Mirah who was now a good seventeen years old was getting dinner ready when Gael walked into the kitchen. She smiled awkwardly at him.

Gael casually opened the fridge and grabbed himself a drink. He leaned up against the fridge once he closed it and took a gulp of his beer. "You been okay?" He asked her. Charlotte was a little taken aback by his question. He never ever spoke to her. Like ever. He would never even look her way.

"Um, yeah..." She didn't get it.

"Atlas left to grab a few things." Oh... Atlas left? Did that mean they were alone?

"What things? We don't need anything..." She said confused.

"For work. Work things." Oh... "Said he won't be long..."

"Okay..." Okay... Well this was kind of awkward. She rubbed her lips together forcing a smile. She really didn't know what to say to him. It was one thing fantasizing about him secretly, it was another thing altogether when her fantasy was alone with her in the house. She was feeling completely out of her comfort zone.