Thirty two

Rose
It has been a couple months now, I haven't been with Charles to the races. I kinda miss it, travelling the world.

But i needed to rest, I'm already 4 and a half months pregnant. We know the gender of the baby but we haven't announced it yet. We're still busy planning the wedding!

Well it has been another race weekend, i woke up at 5 in the morning to see it Sunday. He always calls or texts me before the race.

I hear the door open, I look up and I see Charles walk inside with his suitcase. He closes the door behind him.

I get up, and great now I have to go to the bathroom again. I know pregnancy is great but I can't wait to have this kid out of me.

I walk to the door and smile, "Hey" I smile. "Hey Mon amour" Charles softly kisses me, "congrats on P-4" I hug him. "You watched? Wasn't it at 5 am here?" He asks.

"Yeah, but it's not that early. I've woken up at worse times" I laugh. "How's the baby?" He asks, "alive" I answer.

I rest my hands on the bump, "Come on let's get you to the couch Mon Amour" Charles helps me to the couch and I sit down. "I have to go to the doctors tomorrow" I look at him.

"Wasn't the next appointment in a week?" Charles asks, "yes but it's just a precaution" I smile. "Precaution?" He looks confused at me.

"It's nothing to worry about" I look away, I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. He puts his arm around my shoulder and rests his head on mine.

"Are you sure?" He asks, "yeah!" I answer. It's already 9 pm, I yawn and stare at the ground. "Need help getting up?" He asks, "I can do this, at least I think I can do this" I try to get up.

"Rose don't-" he looks at me, "no I did it multiple times!" I get up. "Told you I can do this" I smile and walk away.

I walk away and sit down on the bed, "how was your weekend?" Charles lays down on the bed. "Boring" I let myself fall back, "it's weird not having you at my races" Charles says.

"I'm an amazing person I know" I grab my phone, it's now July that means still 1 month until my baby is supposed to be born!

"I wonder what reaction my mom will have when she finds out I'm married AND I have a kid" I chuckle, "you still haven't told her?" Charles looks at me.

"Charles, of course I haven't told her she's the reason I broke up with you in the first place and I don't want her to ruin our engagement or the life of my baby!" I answer.

"Your baby?" He asks, "our baby!" I smile. "I know but she's still your mother Mon amour" he answers. "I can call her?" I look at him, "or we can visit her" he answers.

"Fine, we'll visit her" I roll my eyes and roll over. I turn the lights off and close my eyes, I turn my back towards him.

"Rose" i feel an arm around me, "we'll talk tomorrow" I answer.

I hear an alarm, it's 10 in the morning and I get up. I go to the bathroom and get ready for the day. I get dressed and make breakfast, suddenly I feel a sharp pain on the left side of my head.

I walk back to the bedroom and sit down, I take a sip of water and look around. "Rose?" I hear Charles his voice behind me.

"Yes?" I turn my head, "what's wrong?" He asks. "Just a headache nothing special I've had those for a couple days" I answer.

"I'll call the doctor" Charles sits up straight and grabs his phone, "don't it's just a waste of time it'll blow over" I get up and grab a hair brush.

I wait for Charles to get ready and we go to the doctors. I sit down in the chair and scroll through my phone.

"Mrs Estona?" The nurse walks in, we walk after her and sit down. "So Rose, how are you two doing?" The doctor asks.

"We're doing great" I smile, "Rose has had a couple headaches I'm worried about that" Charles looks at me. Snitch.

"Headaches? For how long have you experienced these headaches?" The doctor asks. "A couple days" I answer, "what side of your head?" He asks. "It's sometimes on the left and sometimes in the right or just my whole head" I answer.

"Mhm, mhm and do you have them for a couple minutes or the whole day?" He asks, "a couple minutes" I answer.

"Couple minutes sometimes an hour or so" I answer "was that all?" I ask and get up. "Yes, but try to get rest more no heavy activity until those headaches completely disappear and if they haven't disappeared in a month you need to come back" the doctor answers.

"Have a nice day Doctor" Charles opens the door for me and I walk out, "no heavy activity? I rest almost the whole day!" I cross my arms.

No heavy activity? I already lay in bed eating fucking fruit the whole day the only thing I carry is the bowl where the fruit was in. It's not like I've been carrying fucking boxes or a house.

I get in the car and stay silent, "guess we aren't going to my parents for the week" I roll my eyes. It's not like I care, I'll just send them a note of course AFTER the wedding I don't want her there.

I walk inside the hotel and take my shoes off, I sit down on the couch and Charles walks away. Is he mad at me or something? I'm carrying his child and he's mad?

I get up and get another sharp pain in my head, "shit, shit, shit, shit" I put my hand on my head. "Rose?" Charles yells from the kitchen.

"Okay it's just a headache" I mumble, oh fuck they keep hurting.

Charles
I hear rose say something, "ROSE?" I yell from the kitchen. I get no answer, fuck.

I walk to the living room and see Rose standing in the middle of the room with her hand on her head, "Shit, Mon amour are you okay?" I ask and walk up to her.

"Yes it's just" she looks at me, "your head isn't it?" I ask. "Mhm" she nods, "come here" I pull her into a hug and kiss her hair.

"Thank you for telling the doctor" she mumbles, "no problem Mon Amour" I look at her. "Let's get you to bed" I help her to bed and she lays down.

I lie down next to her and she rests her head on my chest with her arm around my waist.

Words:1168