« 17 »

It took her a while to reach the village but eventually she did it. She knocked on Kai’s door.

Kai opened the door, genuely not surprised to see her in this state. He gently picked up Chirou, putting him onto the couch comfortably before getting back to Cheicou, picking her up as well.
"Want to take a bath?" he asked, kissing her forehead softly.
"I'll take care of Chirous wounds in the meantime and after that yours until your stamina is back, hm?"

“I’m fine.. do you perhaps have some sweets?” she asked.

"I live with Kairo 24/7, I have a lot." He said, sitting her down on the table before reaching up into a cupboard and getting her some sweets.
"Do I have permission to patch up Chirou or do y'all have a ritual for that kinda stuff..?" he questioned then as he handed her the bowl of sugar bombs.

She looked back at Chirou.
“He’ll be fine. Just let him sleep”
she shrugged before eating one of the sugar bombs.

"Alright." He nodded, staying by her side.

“Thanks for those by the way” she smiled before eating another one.

"Nah, it's fine." He smiled.
"No need to thank me for that.."

“Do you perhaps have some herbs?” she asked as she put to bowl down.

"Hm, not that I kno-" He was quickly interrupted by another male voice.
"3rd bottom shelf." Jack said as he entered the room.
"He's finally asleep peacefully." *Jack sat down at one of the chairs.
"Sup.." he greeted Cheicou, who had never ever seen this man before, while Kai got the herbs.

Chei greeted the male with a short nod.

Shortly after that, Kai handed her some herbs, not sure what exactly that even was.
"There-"

“Thanks” she took the herbs.
“I’m going to borrow a bowl as well if that’s okay?”

"Yes sure." he quickly got out a bowl, handing it to her, before walking to Jack, whispering him something, to which the man nodded, leaving again.

Chei took the herbs and bowl and went outside.

After like half an hour later she returned, while Chirou was still passed out on the couch.
“Maybe I was a bit too rough..”
she mumbled to herself. After the bowl, with now a strange mixture in it, was set down on the table she took her brothers shirt off and applied some of the paste on his wounds, mostly the severe ones.

After that was done she just sat near him, waiting for him to wake up.

Kai had just started cooking, finishing an hour later and setting up the table.
"Hungry?" He asked Cheicou.

“Not really” she shook her head.

"Okay. You're still eating sth small due the fight." He said unfazed.

“No” she now looked over to him.

"Yes." he didn't even look at her.
"And your brother too as soon as he wakes up. I'm not talking about a full meal but something small.."

“No need” the twins said at the same time.
“Oh.. look who’s awake” Chei chuckled.
“Yeah yeah”

Chirou sat up also looking pretty much unfazed now.

"I'm not taking no as an answer. At least a fruit or something. No matter if you are used to this lifestyle, after such an fight you should drink and eat at least something small." Kai commented, now getting the table ready.

"We need to eat to provide energy needed to keep the body breathing and alive, for movement and warmth, and for growth and repair of tissues. Some starch and sugar is changed to body fat. Fibre makes faeces soft and bulky and absorbs harmful chemicals, and so helps to keep the gut healthy."