₂₃

I sat up quickly, a gasp leaving my mouth as I took in my surroundings. I was in the butterfly mansion, the room was empty except for the boy standing at the edge of my bed.

"Mui?" I questioned, a hand clasped against my forehead in pain.

"Y/N-chan..." He said softly, his face was devoid of emotion while he stared down at me. "Iguro-san told me... everything."

I nodded my head and swung my legs over the side of the bed. He was next to me in an instant, arms wrapping around me tightly. I hugged the younger boy back and smoothed down his hair.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't like this.." He told me, "You are in too much danger."

"I'm fine Muichiro-kun, besides, now I know what they want."

"Get rid of it." he deadpanned, pulling away from me. I stared at him shocked and laughed lightly.

"That's not possible Mui."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I made my way through the halls of the butterfly mansion, looking down and pondering over my next moves. I bumped into something hard and lost my balance, but instead of falling someone caught me. I faced my attention to the person I had bumped into and a smile graced my face.

"Genya."

"Y/N-chan."

He smiled down at me and pulled me back up onto my feet.

"You should watch where you're going." He told me. I scratched the back of my head and smiled softly.

"Yeah, sorry about that. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just finished a check-up."

He gave no further details and we began to walk outside together.

"It's been awhile since I've seen you, how's training going?" I asked him while we walked down the path away from the butterfly estate together.

"Good. Gyomei-sama is a harsh but fair teacher."

I nod my head, remembering the times Gyomei had attempted to train me. Most hashira's had tough training, it was necessary.

"I noticed you have a gun with you."

"Ah- yes, I can't actually use any of the breathing styles."

My eyes widened and I opened my mouth in awe. I fan-girled over Genya's unique way of fighting.

"Really? I've never heard of a demon slayer using a gun! You have to show me sometime! Maybe we can go on a mission together."

His face went red and he looked away from me.

"Yeah, sure." He began, "If you're not too busy with hashira duties."

I slapped his shoulder lightly, the muscle beneath shocked me. This boy who I had met when he was much younger, is now super tall, and super strong. It amazed me how he grew.

"Oh please, you should jump at the opportunity to accompany a pillar on a mission."

He nodded his head and I stopped in front of a certain set of gates. He turned to me, wide eyed as I smiled at him, giving him a hug.

"Well, I'll see you around Genya-kun."

I turned to leave but his hand caught my wrist. I tilted my head at him and he stared at me, mouth agape.

"Y/N-chan, why are you entering the wind estate?"

"Oh, about that. Your older brother and I... we are actually.. sort of.. together?"