𝟏𝟕|| 𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘

AN : an emotional chapter for our man Damon..finally get to show you all how he somewhat truly is...

finally get to show you all how he somewhat truly is

~Damon Russo~

Why was it that every choice of mine meant nothing unless it was for the throne? Why is it that I sit here, selling my entire soul for money and violence. I know it's not for me, but for my father. I know he wants me to become mafia don as fast as I can be, and yet I know he doesn't give it up as fast. He wants Damien and I to race, to kill each other in the process. The thing is, I don't know if I can.

I have always been sure of every decision I made, every move of mine was strategic that was until I married a woman just to get closer to victory. To corner the king and claim checkmate, yet I am not the only one playing.

My brother, Damien has no rules in his mind, he does what he wants no matter the consequences and that will be his downfall. If not, then I will make it his downfall. Although we have an alliance with the Italians, my father has Damien-like tendencies, play dirty in secret. So he's forcing Roman and I to figure out when the D'amore next shipment is so we can take it for ourselves.

Russo's don't like being second, and we will do whatever it takes to be first. Roman groans in annoyance and my head turns to him. "What?" I question as I stare at him typing on his laptop vigorously.

"What?" He mocks, sighing in anger as he tries his hardest to hack into the D'amore headquarters. I was never one to play the game dirty in secret, I don't hide, I am what I am, and I don't care who knows it. Every soul knows the Russo name, and how tainted we are, how we are destroying the underground world along with the real world.

We have no shame, we only paint with the blood that coats our hands. That's what I was made for, to finish the end of the race, to make it and take that throne for myself. To keep the legacy going...right?

"Please. Fucking. Kill. Me." He emphasises every word and I smile at him. "Gladly." I reply, about to pull my gun out but his second dramatic groan distracts me.

"Why is there so much decoding, this isn't going well."

"Here I'll motivate you. If you don't decode this, my father will skin and gut us both alive." That gets him typing. And for hours we sat there, decoding the firewall as my headache grew by tenfold. I soon got impatient, and then made my way towards the bookshelf in my office and moved the red book by an inch, watching the shelf shift into a passage. Making my way through the passage, the bookshelf shifted to its original position and I was in the library. The only reason I had a hidden office was just a proaction incase of an enemy raiding.

I stared around the massive two story library my mother had built. Hundreds of books coated the walls, silence taking over the brown wooded room. Yet the silence was broken when I hear a book drop. It was night, nobody would be in here this late. Angelina would be, but she was in a different city for a tournament.