Admitted Mistakes

1 month later...

The clash of a metal resounded in the gym, as the barbell was set back down, the 400 pound weights attributing to it. "Let's go man!" Justin cheered as the man in front of him squatted down to rest. "That a new record?"

"Yup." Y/N breathed out. "Now.. rest." He flopped down on his back, eyes closed as he faced the ceiling.

"Yeah well not too much, we still need to finish packing." He groaned as Justin reminded him of their impending trip.

The Combine was set to start in two days, and the boys had left their packing until the last minute. Y/N very slowly got up and walked towards the showers of the LSU gym.

The hot water cascaded down his toned body as his head was filled with thoughts of the past month. He had buried himself in improving his shape before travelling to Indianapolis after the events of LA.

Hailee had completely ignored him since the day after he kissed her. He understood why she had done it, and only really blamed himself for it. Justin, Ja'Marr and Y/N's father had been slightly concerned at his new regime, but ultimately let him figure out how to deal with it himself.

After his shower he and Justin left the gym and headed back to their dorms. A notification on his phone forced him to quickly check what it was. Justin looked over and noticed his friend's downtrodden expression at what presumably was not what he wanted to see.

"Still nothing?" He asked, as Y/N shook his head. "Nah. I don't even know what I'm expecting. She has every right to be angry and not wanna talk to me." He lamented, as they entered the building. "I'll give you a wake up call tomorrow." He said to Justin as he received a thanks in response.

He sat scrolling through instagram after his suitcase was packed, laying in bed almost awaiting sleep to come. His attention was grabbed by a post he found.

•••

haileesteinfeld                                                         •••

🖤   💬   ↗️                                                                   📥Liked by lewishamilton and othershaileesteinfeld BRIT AWARD HIGHLIGHT 💙View all 455 comments21 February 2020

🖤   💬 ↗️ 📥
Liked by lewishamilton and others
haileesteinfeld BRIT AWARD HIGHLIGHT 💙
View all 455 comments
21 February 2020

•••

He had to admit, seeing her did brighten up his day. Even though they only knew each other for a short amount of time, he truly did miss her a lot. She did seem happy though, which was all he could've asked for after what he did.

•••

Knock

Y/N slowly stirred in his sleep, feeling far to comfy to get up.